꒱.✧ 神様 ;; a devil's quest for peace

◇◇◇

◇◇◇

I was standing before my car, reaching for the handle when my eyes caught the sight of my car tire looking loose at the back. I walked over behind and took a good look at it, bending my back lower a bit to press the tire of my suspicions. To my surprise, my palm felt a cold hard metal nail pressed tightly enough for me to feel my tire losing air. Naturally, I frowned.

I tried recalling if there were any roads I had taken unsafely however, this did not take long as I shook my head in defeat, confidently concluding that all roads I passed were all clean. I stood up straight, playing with my keys with my hands, spinning them as they create a noise that somehow distracts my train of thought for just a few seconds.

Perhaps, some delinquents decided to mess around last night and intentionally damage my tire. No, that cannot be. If it were, I should have heard them. I was awake until three in the morning after all. Any noise around the neighborhood should have alerted me. So, when did it...

"They say walking is healthier than driving." Just as I was about to move on and call an acquaintance to ask for repair, I turned my head over to the owner of the voice. My eyes narrowed down at the sudden appearance of the young master of the yakuza clan, Furutani Hisoka. "Care for a walk, detective?"

They have this mischievous smile dancing on their lips, as if they knew what kind of predicament I am facing in today's newspaper. They hold onto an umbrella, protecting themself from the burning heat under the sunlight, looking rather comfortably in their black three-fourth shirt and brown muji trousers, they paired them with black socks and sandals, completely rocking their style despite the calendar's mundanity. I immediately knew in my mind on who's to blame.

"A pleasant morning, Furutani-san." I politely greeted.

"Such formal words." Furutani lightly mocked it. Though I sensed no hostility in their voices, I did not like their manner. They stared directly at my eyes, as they turned quiet, adapting to my mood before picking up and repeating their words thrown at me earlier. "I'll take you on a walk, Sakuya-san. I guarantee this would cost you no harm. In fact, it might be something you wanted."

"And if I were to refuse?"

The young master's hand idle before me, playing with the handle, as they spin their umbrella without removing their gaze away from me. "I don't negotiate on something I can afford to lose. It would be best to come with me for a while. I'll take you to the nearest train station."

It was a command. I was not surprised though I like to think that I have won in that conversation. I was hoping for them to say that they would easily let me go and that damaging my tire was merely nothing but an impulsive prank of their clan yet I suppose I was asking for a miracle. Defeated, I store my keys in my pocket to secure it, fighting the urge to swing them once more to hear their noise to calm down my nerves that I was refusing to acknowledge.