Chapter 9

It was then I knew I won't see Antonio again. After hours of sitting here, letting the tears stream down my face when I heard the door unlock. I quickly jumped up from my sitting position and walked backwards. I walked back until I hit a chair or something. The man walked out with an evil grin in his face.
"Do you know why you're here? Not because I specifically told you to stay away from my son, but because he came to me telling me no demanding me to stop while I'm ahead. And my attack on you was not Justifiable. My attack on you was merely my way of showing him who's the boss. And apparently that's not me anymore." He was telling me.
"So what does that have to do with me?" I asked him, my voice shaking.
"Darling it had nothing to do with you. I'm just merely venting as your young generation says. You see Ava, Antonio he's made for this life. And you are bringing him down. So your gonna go back to wherever it is you came from and leave my son alone." He said
"And if I don't?" I egged him on...
"Well the threat still stands." Yes the threat he made that night, the "I will end you threat."
I just sat there shaking taking in everything he said.
Moments later we heard a loud pounding on the door.
"Father!" Antonio shouted from the other side of the door.
"Stand your guard! Don't shoot until I say!"
"ANTONIO!!! DON'T COME IN ITS A TRAP!" I shouted to him. For a moment there was silence. Then a louder pound sounded. Kind of like kicking.
"Gag her now!" The old man ordered. I fought as they put the gag on my mouth. I kicked and struggled but I was no match for the man with broad shoulders. He tied the gag around my mouth and lifted me off the chair to move me. He set me in a darker room on a different chair.
"Don't move!" He ordered in a stern voice.
I waited and waited. The sound of shouting filled my ears.
"Don't you dare go near her brother!" Antonio shouted. More shouting and fighting but then the door opened again, and the young handsome man that picked me up at the hotel came in.
"I am sorry for bringing you here. I really tried to stop my father. He's just very insistent that Antonio is in this life. We will help Antonio protect you from him." The man was saying as he untied the gag and my bounds.
"What happened out there? Why is your father after me?" I asked him.
"My father is trying to groom Antonio as he's successor. But Antonio doesn't want to be in this life anymore. He feels done." He answered.
"What is he?" I asked him
"He asked me not to tell you. He feels if you don't know your protected." He said.
"But I'm not. Let this night be the evidence for that." I told him. He shook his head as he helped me up from the chair. I didn't realize my muscles were so stiff from sitting down so long.
"What's your name?" I asked the young man. He looked down and smiled.
"Matteo." He answered still smiling.
"It's nice to meet you I'm Ava. Where is Antonio?" I asked him.
"He's waiting for you. I offered to release you." We both walked out of that dark room . Antonio was at the car, waiting as Matteo said. He wore a black suit, with a dark blue tie. He looked handsome standing there. I ran towards him, and embraced him. He embraced me back and whispered in my Ear.
"I am so glad you're ok. Come I'll take you to dinner. And I... I'll explain everything." He said. I was taken aback. He was very insistent and on telling me what he does and now he wants to tell me everything.
"Ya that sounds good. Your cousin's place?" I asked him.
"I was thinking something different. Something More intimate than a family's restaurant." He said.
"Yeah that sounds good. Do I need to change?" He shook his head and led me to the car. He opened the car door for me and I turned around and kissed him. It was a passionate kiss one that tells him I'm here no matter what he says.
We drove to the restaurant in silence.He sped past every place I could think of for him to take me.
"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"A very special place. It's great for privacy when you need it." He glanced my way and I could see it in his eyes. It's gonna be a long night.
We stopped at the restaurant. It's beautiful. Close by I heard water crashing on rocks. This has got to be the Grotta Palazzese hotel restaurant.
"Wow. I've heard about this place. It's supposed to be really good." I am shocked even though I shouldn't be.
"It's one of my favorite places to go. To think." We walked down the stairs towards our table. We ordered our meals and sat there listening to the waves. He's right it is peaceful.
"Ava, I know you have questions about my life. So you can ask me anything." Antonio said breaking the silence. I thought about my first question for a moment.
"That man that took me... was that your father?" This was harder than I imagined .
"Yes he is." He answered.
"He said he was grooming you for this life. What life is that?" He didn't answer immediately.
"Antonio tell me please." I begged him for the truth.
"Dante...