chapter20 Antonio's pov

The next day as I got up I noticed Ava wasn't next to me in bed. I walked down and saw her sitting in the chair at the kitchen island.
"Good morning mi amor how did you sleep?" I asked her stopping next to her.
"I didn't. I can't stop but think about my father and your father and what they said last night. I still can't believe my father had a hand in the death of my mother. I just can't imagine my father being so evil."
"Hey hey no baby it's ok. I am here for you, you know that. I think we both need to make a decision. A big one. I think we may need to think about cutting out certain people out of our lives." She nodded her head.
"Yeah I know I think maybe I need to." Her phone rang in that moment. She looked at the caller Id and excused herself from the island to take the call.
"Hello?" She answered.
She talked on the phone for a long while. I sat drinking my coffee until she clicked her phone off.
"I'm sorry that was my sister. She wanted to check up on me."
"That's alright. How is she doing?"
"Alright. My baby sister is dating a guy who my family would not approve of. I guess he's part of a gang over there."
"She's in the bad boy phase. That'll pass once he breaks her heart."
"Yeah I know. But I'm still worried about her. She's impressionble, a follower. I'm afraid she's going to get herself into trouble."
"I know people over there I can have them look in on her. Maybe get a better read on her boyfriend?" I offered. Ava set down her coffee cup and looked at me and I could see it, her worries that hung over her head like a big dark cloud.
"Could you? I'd hate to ask but maybe it'll be good to know more about the guy."
"I'll make a call." I got up with my phone in my hand. I quickly dialed the right number and spoke loud enough for Ava to hear. I gave him the name of her little sister. I told him about the guy and ordered a watchout.
"Anything else?" the other voice asked
"No that's all. Get back to me if you find anything." I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen. But Ava wasn't here.
"Ava?"
"I'm upstairs!" she yelled back. I sprinted up towards the bedroom.
"What are you doing mi amore?"
"Distracting myself from my worries. Did your guy say he'll do it?"
"Yeah he will and as soon as he knows something he will get into contact with us. What are you doing today?"
"I was thinking on going to our church and see if we can book that place. Then maybe a dress store and look at wedding dresses."
"I will call the church and set that up. you focus on the fun and shop."
"Would you call me if your guy came up with something?"
"Of course I will. you go have fun." So she did. She picked out an outfit from her side of the closet and met up with my driver. She got in and they drove off towards the dress store. I hung back at the house with my phone in my hand.
I had to make the call to the church but at the same time I'm worried for my soon to be younger sister in law. I set my phone down on the table and I paced back and forth, something I normally don't do. I finally manned up and picked up my phone and made the call.
The phone rang four times before a voice picked up.
"Hello? this is father Alberto."
"Hello father my name is Antonio and I wanted to talk about booking a seasion there."
"Of course what day would you like?"
"We haven't really talked about the day but we do know we want to marry in that church." We talked a while about the wedding, about how many people we would want there. He mentioned something about comunion and if we would take it.
"I will talk to Ava about that and see if she agrees with that and I will let you know.
"Sounds good. I look forward to hear from you." And we hung up. I glanced at my screen to check if I missed a call and I did. I listened to the voicemail and it only left questions.
"Antonio It's august. I looked into that girl's boyfriend and what a guy. When you get this give me a call and I'll explain bye."  I gave him a call back in hopes of answers. The phone rang and rang and finally he answered.
"Antonio how are you boss?"
"I am well. I got your voicemail what did you get?"
"Well this guy whoever this girl is dating is actually part of a mobster family. He is the worst of the worst. And the second hand of the head of the mob family."
"And what mob family is this?"
"The Guiseppe family mob." My jaw dropped to the floor in disbelief.
"That makes sense actually, Guiseppe is my fiancee's father."
"Wait your fiancee? Does she have anything to do with her father?" He asked me.
"No she doesn't acknowledge him anymore. she basically cut him off and tried to attack him."
"I would like to talk to your fiancee if that's possible. I would like to get her story about her father and see if that matches what I found."
"I will talk to her and see what she says. But in my opinion her father is a really sensitive subject so I don't think she'll want to."
"I get that and that'll be ok to. But talk to her and get back to me."
"Yeah I will." again I hung up the phone and dialed Ava. I just have a feeling though she'll not want to talk to my bounty and share her story about Guiseppe.
"Hello?" She answered on the second ring.
"Hello mi amor I heard from my bounty."