chapter17

We stopped in front of a palace. As we got out of the car, I stared at the palace open mouthed.
"Welcome to the palace of Versailles."
"It's stunning. So what us the story about this?" I asked him.
He didn't answer me just looked at the palace.
"This is where my mother met Nico. She was touring the palace and she accidently pumped into Nico and things just went from there. They came back here to relive that day on a date." He told me after a few moments of nothing.
"Sounds like they had a special relationship."
"They really did. It was love at first sight." we walked into the palace hand in hand. My mouth flew wide open at the sight of gold in the building. Antonio glanced my way and took in my expression.
"Beautiful isn't it?" He asked me. I couldn't answer him because I was speechless.
We walked through the palace then the gardens.

After we were done we walked back towards the car

After we were done we walked back towards the car. I hadn't noticed I was Hungry until my stomach growled.
"Let's go find something to eat." he suggested.
"yeah sounds good." we drove to a restaurant. Antonio talked to about another favorite place he went as a child.
"I really think you would love this place."
"you think so? I think I'll love any place you take me." I told him. He smiled. We touched classes in a toast and drank. The waiter came by to take our order  and took it to the chef.
"Have you been to this place?" I asked Antonio taking a drink.
"Not this place but there is a place near here. I'll take you there later. It's a true wonder especially in the evening."
"If its as you say I look forward to seeing this sight" Our meals arrived steaming. We each took a bite then shared a bite of each others.
"That's really good." I told him.
"I think yours is better though." we ate in silence after that, enjoying ourselves in our meals. Never have I tried french food. But now that I have my life has been changed.
"wow that was phenomenal!" I stated.
"Just wait this isn't the end." I looked up and looked into Antonio's angelic face.
"Your not going to tell me are you?" He nodded his head as he grabbed the check. He signed the check and got onto his feet. He pulling the chair out for me. As I stood up he grabbed my hand and spung me around to face him. He planted a passionate kiss on the lips. He grabbed my face lightly and caressed my check.
"Come on lets go to the next stop." He said softly. He grabbed my hand and led me out to the car. As we reached the car I noticed Antonio was acting a little strange.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"Nothing Mi Amor all is well." He tried to convince me. I let it go for now and got into the car. Antonio's phone rang and made me jump. He looked at the caller ID and gave a sigh.
"It's Gaia. Hello?" He answered.
"Hi Antonio bad time?" she said throug the phone.
"Well I'm just with Ava in paris. What's going on?"
"I just got a call from a Giuseppe. He said he is Ava"s father and I could hear Dante in the background. It's bad Antonio. They threatened Marco if I don't go through with this. If I don't go through they're plan for you and I. They... They said if I don't they will kill him." Antonio didn't answer to whatever Gaia was saying. I don't think he can. I held out my hand for the phone. He didn't see my reach so I just grabbed the phone and put it up to my ear.
"Gaia, it's ava what's going on?" I asked her. She told me what happened. She said it was my father, and Antonio's that threatened the love of her life.
"Oh my god! Gaia I am so sorry. We will do everything we can to stop him. I promise you that." I vowed.
"Antonio is the luckiest man to have you Ava. I mean that. you are one of a kind. If anyone I would choose you for Antonio." that got me taken aback.
"Ava, we want to protect you and Marco. Do you think he will work with us?" I asked her.
"I'll talk to him and see. I'll be in touch with you." she said and hung up the phone. I handed the phone back to Antonio and sat back in my seat.
"Do you really want Marco to work with us? we don't know the man." Antonio said taking his phone back.
" Yes I do. It's the only way I know to protect Marco and Gaia."
"Ok I'll figure out what he can do." we were silent for the rest of the way. I was lost in my thoughts just as Antonio might have been. I still cannot believe my father is capable of something like this.
"what are you thinking?" Antonio asked me breaking our silence.
"I just can't believe my father. It's like I don't even know who he is. How can the man I grew around calling him daddy be capable of something like this?"
"Ava this is not your father. Sadly this is mine he has brainwashed your father into doing this." He tried to convince me it was Dante and some I believe but now that I know my father is part of Dante's mafia I don't know Guiseppe anymore.
"The father I know wouldn't do this. My father is not this man. He doesn't just call someone he doesn't know and threatens them."
"I know Mi Amore." Antonio grabbed my hand and pulled it to his lips. He kissed the back of my hand gently but he never let go.
The ride was longer then I realized. I was half asleep when Antonio called for me. I got out of the car and stood gazing at whre we are. It is much more amazing in real life than what your see in photos...