chapter15

We awoke the next morning with the sun shining brightly through the window. I sat up in bed and looked around. I still can't believe this house. It's amazing and huge. Bigger than my house at least.  Antonio was still asleep when I decided to get up and walk down the stairs for a cup of coffee. After the charafe was filled with steaming coffee, I poured a cup for myself and sat at the table and enjoyed. It was a while until Antonio got up and came down. 
"Is that coffee I smell?" He asked, grabbing a cup from the cabinet. 
"I just made it." I told him. I got up from my chair and walked towards him. He turned around and I planted a kiss on his lips, a soft but passionate kiss. 
"Hmm, what was that for?" 
"call a good morning kiss." I said with a smile. 
"I could get used to this every morning." He said letting out a chuckle. 
"I guess I'll go get dressed and get myself ready to meet Gaia." I said taking my last sip of coffee. I rinsed my cup and placed it in the sink and walked towards the stairs. I walked into Antonio's bedroom and opened up a drawer. I grabbed my clothes I decided on and walked into the bathroom. Today's outfit is an off the shoulder pink floral shirt with an off white maxi skirt a shorter skirt underneath. I love this skirt, my absolute favorite. Antonio walked in and his eyes went wide.
"You look fantastic!" He said enthusiastically. 
"well thank you." he moved to his dresser and picked out his clothes. He grabbed a dark blue shirt with a pair of black slacks. He looks perfect. 
"Are you ready?" He asked me. 
"yeah lets go meet with Gaia." I felt nervous all of a sudden. I am meeting with an ex girlfriend who Dante is trying to set Antonio up with. We walked out of the house and climbed into the car.
"This place is the best coffee shop. It's small but intimate. And they're coffee tastes amazing." he was saying. 
"What is your favorite coffee drink there?" I asked him
"hmm I don't know. I've tried so much and liked them all." We were almost there when Antonio's phone rang. 
"hello?" he answered. 
"Hey, it's Gaia. I am waiting here at the coffee shop. you guys on your way?" she asked. 
"Yes, we are a couple minutes away. don't worry about your coffee, it's on me." 
"No,don't I already ordered mine. I am sitting outside waiting. see you when you get here.'' She hung up the phone. We pulled up minutes later and parked the car then walked towards the coffee shop. It's a beautiful building, vintage looking, with plants growing on the building. I saw a beautiful woman stand up from her chair. She had Long wavy blonde hair and a diamond shaped face. she smiled as we walked towards her. 
"Antonio hello it's great to see you again. And you must be Ava? He's girlfriend?" she gave Antonio a hug and turned to me. 
"I am. It's a pleasure to meet you Gaia." I said 
"You are the sweetest. so let's sit. get to know one another." 
"what would you like Ava?" Antonio asked.
"cafe mocha. thank you." I turned back towards Gaia who was still smiling.
"So what brought you to Italy?" she asked me 
"I've always wanted to come. My father is Italian and my mother is American. But even in photos I felt drawn here." I said. 
"your father is who again?" 
"Giuseppe." Her eyes went wide then.
"Giuseppe is your father! Oh my. I remember him, he was always nice to me." 
"yeah that sounds like him. but I don't really wish to talk about my father right now. family drama." 
"oh yeah of course. I totally get that. I have to say I am very happy Antonio met you. He's such an amazing guy and you seem like your the sweetest girl."
"thank you same to you." Antonio walked up to us then carrying to coffee mugs in his hands. He handed me mine and sat down. 
"Antonio you never told me your girl was so sweet." 
"yeah she's the best." 
"So tell me what's going on between you and Dante." She said 
"When I came here and started hanging out with Antonio, Dante abducted me and threatened me. He said keep away from my son or else. Obviously that didn't happen  but the next thing he did was abduct my two older sisters. Because of my father. Now we are working on getting Antonio out of Dante's mob and into his own. We are also working on getting him his own business." I finished saying. 
"What kind of business?" She asked. 
"A club. He decided to name it club Ava mi amore." I answered. 
"Ok Um…  I like the club idea that is perfect. But Dante would never allow you to branch out on your own." 
"So what can we do?" 
"There's not many things you can do. But I will help you.But I have to tell you something. He called me about a less then a week ago and said he didn't like the recent girlfriend that he thinks she didn't have what it takes to be in the family. I know that isn't true she is the sweetest but he wanted me to reach out to you and try to get you to propose to me. He wanted me to seduce you. I told him no but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept trying and I kept saying no. Then he threatened me saying he knows where my parents live and where my boyfriend is. Somehow he knew I was dating again." She said. 
"He can't touch you, I won't let him. If you do decide to help us we can product you. I would like for you to consider working with us at the club. you don't have to give an answer yet but think about it. But I will tell you this I will pay you well. You will have the best benefits you can ask for. This place will be your home away from home." Antonio said.
"You make this place sound like heaven."
"I want this club to be a second home for everyone. No matter where you come from." 
Gaia nodded her head taking everything in. 
"I don't want to think about it or have to. I want in. I can see how happy you are Antonio and I'm glad. Ava you seem like your the nicest, the absolute best person for him and I am thrilled he found you. I want you to know Ava that Antonio is the sweetest guy. I would think you knew that but you have found the best. I want to be part of your club and I want to help you take Dante down." 
"thank you Gaia."
"I don't care what I'm doing at your club. I will do what you see fit." 
"ok I'll let you know."
"Ava would I be able to give you my number? I think we could become friends." she asked me.
"yeah that'll be great." Antonio gave me he's pen and I picked up a napkin. I wrote my number down and handed it to Gaia. 
"This is perfect thank you." she said putting the napkin next to her phone. 
"How is life though Gaia? Are you doing well?" 
"yeah, I have a great guy. Kinda like you in some ways. But um I am seeing a therapist to help with things in my past but everything else is fine." she told us.
"That's good. who is this guy?" Antonio asked her
"His name is Marco. He's a photographer he's very good and a great guy. He's very patient and understanding he's kind, thoughtful, sensitive, and polite. He's the best."
"I'm glad your happy. He sounds like a great guy."
"yeah I really am. Listen I'm going have to go. lots to do."
"yeah ok. thank you for meeting with us."
"Thank you it's been fun." she said getting up 'Ava it was a pleasure to meet you.'
"likewise." I told her as she was turning to leave.
"well she was nice.
"yeah I thought you might like her." Antonio finshed his coffee.
"she didn't seem like she wanted to be set up with you though. I think she's genually happy with Marco."
"Yeah she does. I'm glad to she deserves it. Anyways shall we go?" he said holding his hand out for me to take. I took his hand and let him lead me to the car.
"where to now?" I asked him
"I won't tell you. But you will love it." He said as we got to the car. He opened the door for me and waited to close. But I planted a kiss first then I climbed in and watched as he walked towards the driver seat.
"you ready?" he asked me. I nodded my head. He started the car and sped away towards a direction only he would know. I just sat there in the passenger side asking myself questions.