chapter16

Before I knew it we were parked in front of an airport. Antonio looked over and gave me a grin before getting out. He came over to my side of the car and opened my door. He snuck a kiss as I was getting out.
"You got me this morning now it was my turn." He said chuckling. I giggled like a little school girl whose crushing on the best friend.
I kissed him back while wrapping my arms around his neck. He drew back and smiled before saying "we better go. Don't want to miss our flight." I let go of his neck and wrapped his hand in mine. 
"where are we going?" I asked him.
"I'm not going to tell you."  We walked up towards the plane hand in hand.
"So whose plane is this?" I asked him.
"Mine." My eyes shot wide. I couldn't believe this plane is his. walking up the stairway outside the plane
there was a man waiting. I suspected he was the pilot. Antonio let my hand go and walked towards the man. He gave him a bill and walked bac towards me.
"ready to go?" He asked me grabbing my hand. We walked up the stairs and walked into the plane. The plane was luxary to say the least but very basic.
"yeah its not much." He said
"It's perfect."
"Do you want anything to drink? I can fix you something." He offered me. I shook my head motioning for him to come sit down with me. He walked over to my seat and sat down. I folded my hand over his and scootched closer towards him.
"At least the seats are comfortable." He joked.
"I can agree they are. and your warm." I told him. he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

The flight didn't take long

The flight didn't take long. It was smooth and beautiful. Antonio sat down next to me and took my hand. He held a soda in his other hand gradually sipping it every now and then. He started talking about some of the places he went to and ones he wanted to show me. 
"we do have an appointment. But then afterwards I am taking you on a tour of Paris." 
"What kind of appointment?" I asked him.
"It wasn't long until we were flying over an airport. 
"Look outside." Antonio said. I looked out my window and saw the eiffel tower. My mouth flew open. 
"You're taking me to paris? really?" I asked stunned. 
"Yeah amongst other places." The plane landed on the tarmac and taxied towards the building. We got out and through the halls to get to the lobby.
"Welcome to Paris mi amore." Antonio said as we walked through the airport towards the doors. As soon as you step out of the airport you're not greeted by outstanding buildings of course, it's just rows of aircraft. Antonio had a car waiting for us by the front doors.
"Wow a Limo. Fancy."
"This ain't nothing compared to what we're doing today."
"What are we doing today?"
"I'm not telling you. It's a surprise."
"would you at least give me a hint?" He shook his head.
"You will have to see when we get there."
"What's your favorite place here?" I asked him. He thought about this for a moment.
"With paris? I don't have a favorite. This place is my home away from home. It's an escape from Dante."
"I can see why. This was my second place I wanted to go to."
"what's one thing you've always wanted to do here in France?"
"Everything. shop, dine, sight see. There's nothing I wouldn't do." He was silent for what seemed like forever.
"There is a place I go to all the time. Well a few really. But my favorite is the Palais-royal garden. It's absolutely amazing there."
"sounds amazing."
"It really is. But yet again nothing beats palace of versailes, spectualar."
I sat in the seat waiting for Antonio to get into the car. He stood there talking to the driver then gave him a stack of bills. He climbed into the car and grabbed my hand.
"All set?" I asked him.
"Yes all set. You ready for your advanture in Paris?"
"Yeah I'm ready." The car started and moved into the line of traffic outside the airport. I looked out my window and gazed at Paris. The city is beautiful, breathtaking.  I was mesmerized at the sight of everything. I didn't notice when the car stopped. It wasn't until Antonio tapped my shoulder.
"Mi amore we're here."
"What is this place?" I asked. 
"My third favorite place. Sainte chapelle." He told me.

"The gothic chapel?" He nodded his head

"Oh my God this is amazing." As I looked around, Antonio sat and watched me in amazment.
"I've never seen anything like this before."
"They don't have chapel's like this where you're from?" He asked me.
"Kinda like this but this is better. They don't look like this. This is unique."
"It is. I've always imagined myself marrying in this place. It's special in many ways." I stared at the stained glass around the chapel. I tried to imagine why this place would be special to Antonio.
"This would be a great place to say I do."
"It's alot more than that. Before I was even born, My mother met my biological father Nico. He was the nicest guy on the planet. And my mother adored him. They were together for fiver years married Before he got into a really bad car accident, not his fault but he was the one who suffered. before he died my mother and Nico married in this chapel. He died from Internal bleeding that the doctors didn't even notice from the accident. He wasn't part of this life. This life wasn't until Dante came when I was three.  Everything went down hill from there until you came here."
"I wish I could have met Nico. He sounds like he was a great person."
"At least that was what I was told. I wish I could remember him. My mom though. She would love you. She was the sweetest person. Never wanted this life for me or my brothers. She wanted better."
"That's what all mother's want. It's like a rite of passage or something." 
"Yeah I guess so. Come on we have other places to go to." He got up and walked out the door. I took one last look around the chapel and walked out into the sunny paris street and made my way towards the car. Antonio waited for me, holding the car door looking like a handsome gentlemen. We climbed into the car and drove to our next destination in silence.