Chapter 10

"Dante... my father he... . He wants me to take over as mob leader. I want to get out of it. Always have but the night I met you... it was even more clearer. I wasn't made for this life. Not the killing, torture. None of it. I am more of a businessman. Owning my own business like the club. I have never dreamt of being in a mob. We started fighting about my future recently and... the point is ava he's controlling. He's a monster beyond what you see in movies." He explained.
I looked closely at him, and realized he wasn't joking. "what made your father be like this?" I asked him. " Be like what? Ruthless? I guess it was after someone he thought was his friend raped and killed my mother, now he has really bad trust issues and doesn't trust anyone or anything." I look down in shame " I'm sorry, I didn't know your mother was dead."
"It's ok" he says " I don't really remember her that much I was only 5 and my brother was 2 at the time." He puts his hand under my chin and lift my face to look at him, " Mi Gattina, it's ok don't be upset it was a long time ago and you didn't know."
         I avoid his eyes and start to tell him how sorry I am when he grabs my face and kisses me with so much passion, I feel so many emotions from one kiss. He stops me mid sentence, as he starts to pull away I wrap my arms around his neck and bring my lips back to his. He kisses back without hesitation. We kiss until we are breathless and need to come up for air. We finally get to talking.
      "yeah but here I am with a great relationship with both my parents and you, looking so perfect, you don't even remember your mom. How is that fair?''
"I know mi gattina I know."
io ti amo." I told him. He leaned forward and kissed me. It was a passionate kiss, deep, he was saying I love you to in the kiss.
"come il mi amore lets go to dinner." we got up and walked out of the hotel room hand in hand.
The car stopped in front of our place, the restaurant hidden in the caves. we never let go of each other on the way to our table. we ordered our wine and food and sat there and talked. the sound of the waves, so peaceful, so perfect. I looked at Antonio in the eyes and wish I could stay.
"what are you thinking mi amore?" he asked me.
"you, me, us. I'm thinking of what happens to us when I leave." I confessed. Antonio didn't respond right away. I understand this was a touchy subject for him, I can feel it.
"when that day comes we'll talk about it. But until then lets enjoy the time you have." he said raising his wine glass.
We ate in silence once our food came. Antonio ordered a risotto carnaroli and I got the spaghetto with lobster. I'm sure he enjoyed his meal, I know I did.
"Can I get you anything else sir?" the waiter asked taking our plates.
"what do you think Mi amore?" Antonio asked. I looked over the menu until I found the best one.
"how about the soffice allo yogurt. with an extra spoon." 
"right away ma'am." the waiter took our order and walked away. Antonio stared into my eyes with love.
"the soffice allo yogurt? great choice!"
"Antonio… I know you don't want any part of being a mob and I understand that but have you given any thought to having complete control over you own mob? hire them for security of your own business or something?" I suggested.
"I have thought about it but then I think… If I do then I am afraid I'll turn into my father. And that's one person I don't want to be." he said.
"I understand that. But having control of a mob all to your own your can control them for the good. All I'm saying is your not Dante. Your good, caring, the epitome of good." I told him.
"I'll think about. but for now I just want to focus on getting out of my father's shadow, and his mob." he said taking my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.
"ok. and if you need, I can give you some ideas."
"oh you can?" he asked very seductively.
"oh yeah." I leaned forward to kiss him but he beat me to it.
We finished the desert and headed back to the hotel. We spent the night together entangled in the heat of pleasure.