5. The mess

Clara Carter

All I see is dark and red. The locker's thin metal and the dickhead's back slammed loudly, earning me woah, damn, and plenty of other reactions from the crowd that had gathered around us.

No one dares to shoot the scene happening after I broke two phones.

As he tries to remove my hand from his body, I drag the guy with his collar T-shirt. The blood from his nose is flowing down his fingers and now is onto my wrists.

"Clara, for God's sake, please stop!" Ray's screaming at me from afar doesn't stop my knuckles from bashing into his guts with barbaric force. He growls in my face. A prickle of water runs from his crimson eye as he takes a step back to hold his stomach. My repeated punches damaged his outstanding work on his face.

"Now let me hear you say that again?" With clenched teeth, I grunt, yet my tone is strangely and dangerously low. I make him glance at me by shaking him. My breathing speeds up with a temper.

I saw him here just a few minutes ago, convincing and inappropriately touching Ray in the locker room. This jerk had the audacity to call Ray a slut for refusing to date him after his fake promises about how much he loves her and bullshit.

When I see boys attempting to manipulate girls for their own benefit, my blood boils with feminine instincts. I understand what it's like to be that girl. I was that girl in high school who was mocked by the bullies for being a nerd, wearing glasses, and dressing like a kid. Disgusting things have been spoken about me. I have heard disgusting things said about me — behind my back, on my face.

Tyler was, at the time, like a savior and an angel in my life. He was continuously trying to make me feel better. However, it did not always work. When Ray arrived to meet one of her classmates from our school, I ran into her. That's how Ray and I met for the first time. She was the queen bee of her school, and there was no doubt that the boys were constantly after her.

We got along seamlessly and were instant friends. She shaped me into the confident, fearless woman I am today. She taught me how to be strong in the face of difficult situations. And, of course, she groomed me to look the way I do now. Smart, self-assured, charming, and bold.

We all enrolled in this university not long after that. I wasn't the bullied, naïve girl anymore. I slapped a boy who misbehaved with me on the first day on this campus.

My family is still in the dark about it all. It wasn't meant to be a concern of theirs. They were taken aback when I changed my image and began receiving complaints from professors.

The sound of the scumbag's wailing drags me back to reality. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. I smash my fist into his jaw with ferocity. He whimpers as he falls to the ground. In a woo sound, the audience becomes silent.

The motherfucker begins to stand up again, refusing to apologize or give up.

Anger continues to find its way out of me. My fist itching to strike him once again.

I take one step closer to him when I am abruptly picked up off the ground. Someone encircles my waist with their arms.

The crowd sags their shoulders, figuring the show is over. I kick my legs in the air numerous times in an attempt to release myself, which causes the person to slow down.

The powerful arms that wrap themselves around me tighten. Ray's face has a relief smile on it as I try my hardest to free myself. Who the fuck had the nerve to try to stop me?

I can recognize the familiar scent coming from the familiar person. With my heel, I kick him in the knees. I'm standing on my feet the next second.

My gaze locks with Stefan and the fierce gleam of my eyes, mind, and body held waves off. His incredibly well-built figure stands in front of me. He arches his eyebrows.