18. My Place

Stefan Pierce

"You."

She looks away as soon as the words leaves my mouth. I'm sure she's blushing even though I can't see her face. At the very least, I've learnt a lot about her. This simple move of hers is enough to make me feel proud that I have an impact on her.

That was the exact reaction I was hoping to see again. God knows what got into me after Mae's call the other day behind the canteen, but I reacted strangely. I cursed myself for being rude toward her.

But when I touched her, I went crazy. I tried and failed badly to keep my hands to myself after that.

The night we kissed for the first time is a blur, but when she kissed me back, I lost it all over again. She is the new definition of sexy and adorable all at once. Her lips, her perfect curved body, can wreak havoc on your imagination.

Her words, tears, and the way she moaned my name made it impossible for me not to submit.

"You know, I know you're blushing, right?" I tease the edge of our limits to keep our hands to ourselves, taking the final sip from my bottle.

She clears her throat and pushes her hair back from her face. Then she returns my stare with a neutral expression.

"No. I am not," she replies, sagging her shoulders and licking her lips.

The way she tries to appear smart and naïve goes beyond cuteness. I used to believe that just a woman's hotness was a turn-on for me.

Had I not met this girl, the choices I make would have been so vanilla.

I want to kiss her right now.

"Uh-huh. Let's see where the blush went then." I set my bottle next to her and pull her right to the edge of the bonnet.

She gasps in surprise yet holds my shoulders. I tilt her neck, and place my lips on a throbbing vein below her ear. She instantly softens under my touch.

Greed for more of her skin beneath my lips compels me to kiss her open-mouthed all the way up till her parted lips drawing trembling breaths. I come to a halt just as she is going to kiss me.

Our breathing blends with one other's, but we remain where we are — aching millimeters apart from kissing.

"There it is," I say quietly, and place my finger on her flushed cheeks. She bites her lower lip, smiling.

We maintain the distance. I run my hand over her waist and back gradually. She has a grip on me, her legs around my hips.

I'm trying not to go any further than a kiss right now, but it's quite difficult for me. Her faltering smile indicates that it's not easy for her to hold back either.

I know she's yearning for more than a kiss right now.

"We're going to miss the sunset," she says. Her breath becomes urgent as she strokes our forehead.

"I don't care about the sunset." I speak the words I was looking for. When I lift her up, she straddles me and laughs like a child. She pulls the empty beer bottles off the bonnet with her.

With one hand, I open the door and slide her into the passenger seat. We both fasten our seatbelt without wasting another minute.

"I thought you'd shove me in the backseat instead?" She points out the obvious.

"Car sex isn't my thing."