11. Just kiss me

Clara Carter

His hazel eyes return my stare, as if breaking into my house and staring at me as if I owe him anything amuses him. The night sky behind this stunning man looks like something out of a painting.

He is, without a doubt, a work of art.

Ray sighs and walks towards the door with a stomp. I, on the other hand, am glued to my place, trying to figure out how the hell he got here. Perhaps with the aid of a ladder. But why did he come here in the first place?

"If you guys had previously arranged their special sleepover, you could have just told me." Ray storms out of the room, yelling angrily but teasingly at the same time.

Hearing her, I bite my lower lip. I don't mind having a sleepover with Stefan; it sounds like a lot more fun than watching movies and getting wasted.

Stefan offers me a smile which I'm too stunned to return. Then he walks by me and leans against the door to my room, locking it.

Has he really come here to sleep? Oh, God save me.

His gaze travels down my body, stopping for a long time on my exposed thighs before returning to my eyes. His steady gaze makes me feel uneasy and self-conscious.

After a brief moment of eye-fucking me, he saunters like a predator at me. I take a deep breath and feel sweat building on my palms, unsure of what he's up to. I'm just swooning over his enticing and seductive body characteristics hidden beneath his leather jacket and blue tee.

He comes to a complete stop in front of me and glances between my lips. I missed his scent so terribly.

Due to his piercing look on me, my breath begins to quicken. I'm starting to feel like a lost puppy in my own fucking house.

He caresses my bottom lip with his thumb. I sign, trying to keep my hormones in check. I want to kiss the crap out of him as he has a boyish smile on his face that makes him look so cute.

I notice him hesitating, unsure of what to do next.

He brushes his lips against mine as he does so. The mere contact of his lips sends shivers down my spine. I smile and close my eyes.

Right now, I don't give a damn about anything. All I want is for him to kiss me right now. He talks against my lips, "I came here to tell you something." He's breathing as quick as I am.

"You're a fucking arrogant, selfish, bitch."

I open my eyes and shove him away from me. And how much I regret missing out on the mixed sensation I was experiencing. It takes a few seconds for me to register his words, and the things he just said begin to boil my blood as soon as they strike me.

What right did he have to say that? I make a fist and prepare to punch someone, preferably him. I wouldn't think twice about ruining his good looks.

But his expression mystifies me. He bursts out laughing, grabbing his stomach and leaning on my study table for support. His innocent and charming laugh does something in my heart.

"Damn, I didn't expect your reaction to be so much more entertaining than I expected." Between his laughs, he manages to says, and I stand there looking like a fool. What is he talking about?

He holds back his laugh and glances at my study table, which is littered with three to four books and a few pages. He keeps the books stacked on top of one another. The papers above them, neatly and carefully arranged, as if doing hazardous chemical experiments.

His eyes find me again once he finishes straightening the mess, and I recall why I was angry with him.

"What did you say?" I ask, my gaze narrowed by his humorous yet dark orbs.