8. Thank you

Clara Carter

This is my first visit to our university's 4C building, which includes the business studies department.

Stefan's class, to be precise.

I walk along the corridor, tapping my foot furiously and drawing strange stares in my direction. Girls, in particular.

I don't know any of the students, but they must have recognized me from the way they're looking at me.

I come to a halt in front of a class since it's Stefan's. I asked Tyler to locate his class for me.

I peer through the door's small glass window. With a book in his hand, an elderly professor, perhaps in his fifties, is scribbling something on the board.

From this angle, I can not see any students. So I push the door open with both hands, causing a resounding crash against the wall, capturing everyone's attention, including the half-dead donkeys who were about to fall asleep.

"Who are you? And where have you lost your manners?" The professor asks. I take a few steps in and catch the gaze of Charlie, the eternal duffer. I believe that's his name.

He winks at me, indirectly thanking for creating a scene. I sigh and glance out the corner of my eye at the professor. I hold my hand in front of him as he stomps at me.

"Just 2 minutes, professor. I'm here for someone else." I say, and I catch the eyes of Charlie again, who is still grinning ear-to-ear. I ask for a Stefan, raising an eyebrow at him.

Stefan slowly pops his head from behind him and gives me a curious frown the following second. He has a pencil between his lips and a few papers in his hand. Why does he have to be so adorable?

"Found him," I say, smiling, pointing to Stefan. "You. I want you to come with me." I order while crossing my arms across my chest.

His handsome face flashes a fraction of a smile, amused by the scene. He rises to his foot and begins to walk slowly. Everyone in the class is looking at us, and occasionally at the professor. I'm sure he is burning with anger. I can feel it.

"Wait," the professor interjects as he takes a step between me and Stefan. He gives me a warning look and adds, "Whatever business you have with him, do it later."

I tilt my head to the left and notice Stefan smirking at me from behind. The entire class sags their shoulders, already irritated by the professor.

"You coming or. . ." I begin as I retrace my strides.

Stefan gives a brief 'Excuse me' to the increasingly furious professor and marches out, while I continue to take small steps towards the doorway.

"Class, please don't bother our dearest and most respected professor, okay?" I make a loud announcement so that everyone in and outside the classroom can hear me.

When he places his hands on his waist and glares at me with narrowed eyes, I fake a sheepish grin and giggle inwardly at how much like a kid he looks.

Stefan reappears and begins dragging me out of class by my elbow. "Sir, I'm sorry on her behalf."

"