Chapter 21.

::CHRISTI'S POV::

Jacob Black is the sweetest, kindest most generous man I have ever met. I can't explain it, but it's like whatever I need, he's is most willing to give it to me without a second thought. Somewhere in this crazy life of mine, somehow, I must have done something right.

We made love slowly and tenderly until the sun rose through the windows. Jacob took his time with me, caressing and kissing my entire body. My body tingles still at the memory. He left no inch of skin unexplored by his hands and lips. Our symphony came to a grand crescendo perfectly in tune. That's how I feel with Jacob, fit perfectly, in tune with each other, meant to be. When we were both exhausted and relieved we way in each other's arms, kissing and caressing softly, I fell asleep to Jake playing with my hair and stroking my face.

I awoke to a bright room and a loud rumble. I was in Jacob's arms, the sun came in intensely through to window. Note to self, buy curtains.  Jacob's snoring shook the bed lightly, I was so happy to be here, right now in his arms, even the little things such as the freight train rumbling against me seemed inconsequential. I must have been really relaxed after that massage last night, I must have passed out during it. Poor Jake . I was so stress free right now. I had the most beautiful dream, a dream where Jacob professed his love to me both physically and emotionally. Such a good dream, the best one so far, I couldn't get the rest out of my head.

I loved to watch Jacob sleep, his mouth was slightly open and his lips were puckered out, his whole face was peaceful and innocent. I lay against his chest thinking and listening to his deep sighs, his heart thumping under my ear. I let myself follow the light coming in through the window and contemplated what I had dreamt last night.

"It's awful early to be that deep in thought." Jacob said sleepily. I looked up at him, he had a sleepy smile.

"Mmm.. good morning." I smiled, his arms tightening around me.

"Good morning honey." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead then lips.

"You're still tired. Go back to sleep sweetheart, it's still pretty early." I scooted up towards his face my hair tumbling over my shoulder and surrounding him.

I felt two big hands brush my hair back, smoothing it over my shoulders followed by feather like caresses over my face and neck. Jacob leaned up towards me and kissed me deeply. His arm hooked around my waist and pulled me on top of me.

"I love you Christi." He whispered between kisses.

My eyes shot open and froze. Did he say that he- loved- me? I felt his lips touch mine once, twice and then a third time trying to get a response out of me, but I stay frozen.

"Honey?" His eyes were concerned.

I could hear him but I couldn't bring myself to respond to him. I was still in shock, it wasn't a dream? Was it real? Am I still dreaming?

"Christi, what's wrong?" Jacob's voice a little more demanding now. "Please say something, you're freaking me out here."

I shook my head and attempted to collect my thoughts again.

"W-what did you say?" I stuttered out in confusion.

"What? That I love you?" He studied my face. "It was ok last night- I thought we were okay with this Christi. If something changed- or if you don't feel the same way I'll understand. I don't want to pressure you." He babbled on and on until I finally placed my hand over his lips to stop him.

"It wasn't a dream then?" I looked at him confused and elated.

Wow, not a dream. Jacob actually loved me, and I love him. And as insanely crazy it was- it made me so damn happy!