Chapter.47

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to update you about the new story I have called "I'm In Love With My Step-Brother Edward Cullen." It's only 1 or 2 chapter's in, but I would love it if you guys could check it out and follow it if you're curious about the story :) I will have the link over in the side >>>>>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Christi's POV::

I can't believe we just did what we did – and in the pantry of all places – in the middle of all my staff! God Jacob is going to kill me one of these days. I really need to get my damn hormones in check, but how could I turn away that which made me so happy. From the very first moment I laid eyes on him I had a constant itch and Jacob is the only one that could sate it. I finished gathering the ingredients I needed and rolled the cart out to the kitchen. I excused myself to go clean up a bit before meeting Jake back in the kitchen. As I expected Jacob was perfectly in tune with everything I said, he followed all of my directions to a tee. Soon beautiful puffy brown soufflés were being pulled out of the oven and set on a rack to cool.

******

Another busy night at the restaurant, luckily nothing overly complex took place this evening. All the customers seemed to be satisfied and content with their meals, the staff didn't botch up any orders and Jake was the perfect right hand person to help me get the job done.

"Chef." Nichole peeked her head in the kitchen. "A customer is requesting a one on one with you."

"Oh – oh." Jake looked up from the stove. "Is that bad?" He asked still stirring a big batch of chocolate sauce.

"Is it?" I looked over with chagrin at Nichole.

"Compliments." She winked and disappeared behind the swinging door.

"That's good." Jacob and I said in unison with a deep sigh of relief.

We both looked at each other and smiled. Well I guess it was only a matter of time before we started thinking alike.

"You ok?" I asked taking my apron off and smoothing my hair back.

"Sure, sure, go." He smiled warmly at me.

He leaned down and gave me a quick peck which landed us a few guffaws from the kitchen staff. I walked out into the dinning room and looked for Nichole.

"Nick!" I called out.

She quickly left her post at the front of the restaurant and came back to me.

"Which table?" I asked looking around.

"Thirteen." She nodded in the table's direction. "I don't understand why he keeps coming back." She said in a hushed voice. "It's not like he ever eats anything. But he does tip well, I'll give him that much."

A large knot formed in the pit of my stomach and I felt nauseous. I suddenly both terrified and felt compelled to look, it was like a magnet pulling me in. I looked up to see Calin's mockingly seductive smile. My heart stopped. Silence filled the room, only, it wasn't silent at all, it was as if someone had put earplugs in my ears and blinders on my eyes. I heard and saw nothing other than his deep brooding ruby red eyes staring at me, inviting me to him. My feet moved on their on will carrying me across the room towards him.

Step by step I wandered closer and closer to danger. I knew he was dangerous, I knew I shouldn't be close to him, I knew I should run away but I couldn't. My legs carried me on closer and closer to my doom.