Chapter 14.

JACOB'S POV:

It had been such a long day, I still couldn't believe that Sam interrupted us so rudely and made us leave so soon. He didn't even need anything important. He just wanted to sit down with me and talk more about the whole mark, soul mate thing. When he found out Paul's news he was equally as excited to be able to kill two birds with one stone. We both sat through a three hour lecture. I'm sure Sam didn't mean to be lecturing us, but he couldn't help it. He was just so damn proud of both of us and had to share his advice in the subject with us.

Paul sat there just as bored as I was, but at least he was making an effort to really listen unlike me. I nodded off more than once and was rudely brought back to attention with a smack upside the head by Sam.

"Pay attention Jake, this is important." Sam scolded.

"Sure, sure. Kissy, huggy, mushy shit, got it." I rolled my eyes and back into the chair trying to get as comfortable as I could without possibly falling out.

Smack, Sam's hand hit me upside the head again.

"What now, damn it Sam!" I jumped up, hands balked into fists.

"Don't" The voice of the alpha came through in his tone.

I hesitantly sat back down choking back my words and cursing under my breath. Fuck, I hated when he pulled the damn alpha card.

"Now pay attention." Sam's face was all business.

"Yeah Jake c'mon, it's not that bad, it's all kinda cool." Paul added.

"Yeah if you're pussy whipped." I said under my breath. Sam shot me another warning look. "Okay, ok. I'll shut up, go on reverend, your congregation awaits your sermon." I bowed my head and clasped my hands in prayer.

"You're hopeless." Sam said, "Why don't you just leave Jacob?"

That was the best thing I've heard him say all day. Made perfect sense. I got up and stretched out my stiff muscles.

"Well, if you insist. It's been a really pleasure. Thanks Emily for the grub, it was out of this world like usual." I have him a cocky wink and headed for the door.

"Jacob." Sam called out.

Oh fuck, now I was in for it. I turned around and faced him. He held up a set of keys, jingling them.

"Don't think you're gonna get very far without these." His face was taunting.

He tossed the keys at my head, but I caught them before they got anywhere close to my head.

"Thanks bro. See you later." I went outside.

The sun was setting. I decided to forgo the car and stretch my legs, I hadn't phased for almost three days and I was really starting to feel it in my joints. I opened up the passenger side door and quickly stripped down locking the car door behind me. I found a safe hiding place for my keys, just in case Sam or Paul decided to play a prank on me. It would suck to be locked out of my car naked.

I felt my body shake as the heat ran down through my spine. My large front paws hit the dry earth with a large thud. I shook out my russet coat from head to toe shaking out all the kinks. I stretched my neck and back hearing 'pop, pop, pop' of my stiff joints. A loud rumble of relief escaped from my chest as I extended every muscle in my body. I took off running.

"Oh look who's back." I heard Leah's annoying voice in my head.

"Go away Leah." I spat back at her.

"Ouch no hello? You just gonna be all stupid and whining today?"

I wasn't in the mood for a run in with Leah. If she was here right now I would bite her so hard and show her what a whining bitch she would be then.