Chapter.46

Hello my wonderful fans,

Thank you so much for last chapter's comments made my day lol you are all amazing in your very unique  way and I can't ever get enough of thanking you for loving my story. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Jacob's POV::

"Jake?" Christi looked up at me with the most beautiful eyes.

"Yes angel?" I wrapped my arms around her a little tighter.

We had just woken up from an afternoon nap and were just enjoying being together in bed.

"I have to go to work today." Her eyes turned sad. "I'm sorry, I – I wish I could have someone to take my place, but I guess I'm not as lucky as you."

She had a point there, Colin and Brady were my salvation in the shop. They kept everything running so smoothly that I only had to pop my head in from time to time to check the books out, or to tinker on cars if I ever got bored. Besides, it was La Push and the reservation wasn't well known for being a busy place. We were lucky if we got two cars in a week during the off season.

It was when tourists came into town that we really made a killing. Damn idiots that didn't know you needed a four wheel drive to go off-roading in these parts. We always got 'come bail me out' calls from some dumb ass that got stuck in the mud or blew a tire in the forest. Then there were the perks of such calls; roots, rocks and mud don't do very nice things to your car's engine. It never ceased to amaze me what idiots populated our planet.

As much as I hated to have Christi leave my side I wasn't going to give her a hard time about it. I knew her restaurant was her baby and that it would hurt her if anything happened to her business. I offered to go with her and she lit up with a huge smile. I knew she was scared and I'm glad that I could be there to keep an eye on her. Besides, I wanted to make sure my girl was safe.

Sam called me with the news that they had lost the stupid leech. Just when they had the mother fucker surrounded it jumped into the water and swam off. That's where the bloodsuckers had an advantage, wolves can swim but we need oxygen. Leeches on the other hand can hold their oxygen indefinitely, hence the aquatic advantage. Damn technicalities.

"I'm going to go to work with Christi today. I can't let her go alone." I told Sam over the phone. "I'm tired of laying here like a cripple while you guys do all the work."

"I know it's been difficult for you Jake and we all appreciate you listening to orders. You need to relax and heal, you're no good to us if you go and pull another hot headed stunt like the night you got hurt." Sam scolded.

"Sure, sure." I brushed him off.

Yeah, he was right, but just cause he was the Alpha wise man didn't mean nothing to me. I didn't have to listen to jack shit if I decided not to. Well except for Alpha orders, those were a little harder to ignore.

"Be careful and don't do anything stupid ok?" Sam warned.

"Please Sam, you're lack of confidence in me is insulting." I can't believe he thought so little of me, did he honestly think I was a child that needed direction?

"I have confidence in you Jacob, that's the reason you're my second in command." That and the fact that my stupid ass was too chicken shit to take the Alpha role when you offered it to me, but lets not get into details. "But I also know that we as wolves think with our hearts first when it comes to our imprints." Yeah, well he had a point there. "Just as a precaution I will have Quil nearby tonight. If anything happens – anything at all – I want you to stay calm and let us handle it. Understood?"