Chapter.53

Hello! So I've been fighting against a writer's block so it might not be as good of a chapter as I usually write but I needed to give you guys something, so here it is!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost track of the days, it seems like forever. The venom that was only in the tissue of my head now was spreading it's way through my shoulders and back. Calin has taken the pleasure of torturing me with a few drips of water an hour.

"Come on darling, you know how you can make all of this stop. Just say the word."

"No." I cried. The tears streaming down my face, the fire was still burning my veins like fire attacking paper. I was dehydrated and in unbearable pain. "Jacob! Please Jacob, I need you." I cry out.

"Forget Jacob, Christine. He's never going to find you." Calin said, I know he was trying to tear my hope down.

"Yes, he will. He always does." I was confident in Jacob, he wouldn't leave me.

"No he really wont, in fact he can't. Your mutt may try the hardest he can, but he doesn't understand that I have a special ability you may say. I camouflage my scent, it makes it impossible for anyone to track me down. Not a scent, print, nothing. He wont be able to trace you. You're here with me for either your last breath or forever. You choose."

"I don't believe you." I said bitterly, but I couldn't hide the tears that blurred my vision.

"My love, you shouldn't doubt me so." Calin smiled then planted his cold dead lips on mine. I struggled against them, I squirmed under his touch. My skin crawled with every touch from his dead fingers. "I will enjoy you, but later."

Enjoy me? What does that mean? A sudden panic washed over me, for a second I forgot about the burning pain through out my body, no. Calin left once again, only the heat and pain left with me.

I will not allow this to happen, I'm going to be with Jake again. Either now, or in another life. I thought ways to escape this prison. I lay there in pain, but something was different?

A different pain was rising inside of me. I felt a growl rise in my chest as it escaped past my lips. What the hell? My body started to tremble. I felt a heat of pain trickle slowly up my spine. I dug my nails into the bed and hear shredding of fine material. I felt stronger, but painful.

My head pounded harshly I could hear every crunch of leaves, and fluttering heart beats from the outside. I saw every dust particle in the dim room. I felt as if on a high, though I was still aching with pain I found the strength the sit up. I was different. My heart was pounding twice as fast.

The sun was peaking through the door into the room, it gave me a track on the day. I lay back down, and concentrate on the sounds of the outdoors. It took my mind away from the burn in my veins. It was the same, leaves crunching, heart beats fluttering, and birds wings flapping. I lay there listening to them, then I heard something unusual.

I heard heavy paws padding across the forest floor, and heavy panting. My ears pricked up instinctively as I listened more inventively. Loud growling and teeth snapping. Wolf. Jacob.

I found my new strength to sit up and yell past the heavy ache of pain, "Jacob! I'm down here! Jacob please!"

Then I heard another set of paws join the first, they growl as if in conversation. That was definitely Jacob and the pack. I pound my fists against the wall and scream out for them. "Baby! Jacob please Find me! I'm right here!" The heavy paws and growling grew farther away. "No! Please don't go! I'm here Jacob." I cried more tears. "Jacob please don't leave me! I'm so scared Jacob! I need you!" I pound my fists hard against the wall, I was gasping for air I was crying heavily.

They were gone, and so was my hope..

JACOB'S POV::

"I haven't found anything Jacob." Paul said.

We had been searching for days straight, Paul took shifts. I couldn't rest or eat in fact. I was on edge, I couldn't imagine what hell Christi was going through. I only pray that my girl is okay.

"We need to keep searching." 

"Jacob, maybe she's not here." Paul said, I knew he was tired. I had pushed him for quite sometime, it wasn't fair to him. Plus I knew he had lied to blondie about where he was right now. I couldn't imagine what melt down Sarah would have if she knew.

"Paul, she's here." I said sternly. I wouldn't give up. Ever . I ran through the woods, it was early morning and the sun was peaking through the trees, I would have thought at one time it was a beautiful morning, but I couldn't see anything beautiful at this moment. Only Christi would make me happy, I push myself harder through the snares of the trees. Paul caught up with me and ran by my side.

"Jacob! Stop." Paul yelled and drew back.

"What?" I slowed in my tracks and turned to look at his wolf. Paul lowered his head down in exhaustion. "What do you mean stop?"

"I- I can't run anymore Jacob. I know I'm strong, but I can't anymore. We've been running for days straight. My paws are raw. I know I'm a horrible person for this." Paul's wolf whimpered and limped across the forest floor and leaned against the bark of a tree. He lift up his paws and they bled into the leaves, twigs painfully planted into them.

"I'm sorry Paul. I didn't notice. I'll understand if you have to leave."

"But what about?"

"I'll find her on my own Paul. I can only ask so much from you, and you've done as much as you can. I can only be grateful that you came back." I needed help, but I couldn't push Paul farther, he was already stretching himself out to his breaking point already.

"Thank you." I turn to run but something intrigues my hearing. A light pounding as if coming from underneath the ground? I sniff the dirt, but only the earthy musk fills my nostrils. The light pounding started again, my ears prick up and I step to follow the sound. Something was unusual. I felt an eerie gut feeling, and twinge of hope sparks through my stomach.

"Do you hear that Paul?" I had to ask, I wasn't sure if the lack of sleep and food was driving me crazy.

"Yeah. It's probably just a hedge hog Jacob."

The fire that built up inside me of hope was put out by the painful sting of realization. It couldn't be Christi, Paul was right. God Jacob. Get your head back into the game.

"You're right. I just..I"

"I understand Jacob." This is what I loved about our relationship, he always got me. Even if I myself didn't have the right words to explain. He got it.

Paul stood up and winced at the pressure of his weight on his paws, "Fuck it. I can't guarantee that I'll be as fast as I usually am, but I'll heal quick. I'm not leaving you on your own."

"Paul no- I can't ask more of you."

"Shut the hell up! I'm trying to be heroic here." Paul joked.

"Well let's get our asses moving then!" I ordered.

"Yes almighty Alpha!"

"Shut the hell up Paul."

"Yes Almighty Alpha!" Paul repeated.

"Fuck you Paul." I snicker at his smart ass comments, and we continue to search.. I couldn't shake the feeling though that where we were had something important there.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry its so short, I'm really trying!! Its just hard to write right now, and I'm very sorry.

Please comment though on this chapter! please they always make me feel better :)

thank you!

love you guys.