Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Several days later, Corliss was leaned against the doorframe of her brother's suite of rooms, trying to hide her laughter at the sight of the chaos. Several boxes were lined up on one wall filled with Ruvyn's belongings since he was officially moving in and yet he wasn't the one riffling through them.

Gaven sighed, running his fingers through his hair as he turned toward his mate, who lounged on the sofa in front of the fire. "I never remembered you having this much shit."

"This has always been in my apartment. Are you regretting asking me to officially move in with you?" Ruvyn questioned, raising a brow.

"Never...but where are we going to put it all?"

"Looks like we're going to have to get rid of a bunch of your own shit, huh?"

"Like hell we are."

Corliss snorted, finally making herself known with the two males as she talked in. "He already trying to take over the place, Gav?" she asked, plopping down on the sofa beside Ruvyn. "What happens when you guys have even more stuff in here when I get a niece or nephew, huh?"

Gaven pointed a finger at her, embarrassment flushing his face. "No babies yet. That's only for Bridget and Alberich to work on getting at the moment. Besides, we're not even officially married. And then there's the matter of figuring out what needs to be done and finding a surrogate and..."

Corliss wiggled her eyebrows at Ruvyn, who'd tucked her into his side. "I see he's already thinking about babies."

He let out a snort, though the spark in his eyes revealed his true feelings on the subject. "I think I'd rather keep him to myself for a little while. Someday, though."

Gaven beamed at the answer.

Sighing happily, Corliss continued watching the two of them as they unpacked Ruvyn's things and found them a place in their now shared rooms. Every time her brother looked over at her, he'd roll his eyes since she was still smiling at them, but he knew how ecstatic she was for him. Of course, she would still glance down at his leg just to make sure he wasn't walking funny, but he never did. Just as the healer said, once the protruding bone was put back in place, his healing magic had taken over almost immediately. He was fine and completely healed within a half hour.

In those following days, though, she'd hardly seen Meron. She hadn't even talked to him before he snuck out of the infirmary as she and Ruvyn fussed over Gaven. He'd kept his distance and also kept quiet, even during training. They didn't speak and barely even look at each other. Odanth and Ollyn certainly took note of it. Even Gaven, Ruvyn, and the other riders who'd been around for the fights did.

And Corliss hated it. Hated the cold shoulder, the silence, everything. She'd rather be fighting with him than having him pretend she wasn't even there.

"Have you talked to Meron this morning?"

The question had her looking up at her brother. "What?"

He raised both brows. "I'll take that as a no then."

"I've barely spoken to him these last few days," she grimaced. "I need to talk to him tonight, though. I have to give him something, too"

This time, it was Ruvyn who spoke...and grinned when he did. "Really."

Corliss narrowed her eyes. "Shut it, Ruvyn. Nothing like what you've got in your head is actually happening."

"Yet."