Chapter 49

***Fair warning now that there's NSFW content in this chapter...though, let's face it, we've been waiting forever for it to happen!***

Chapter 49

Since they didn't arrive by convention means of travel, which meant by dragon or ship, Dessa hadn't been able to look around the island city like she was then. Granted, Blackloch was fascinating during the day, but it came alive at night. She loved looking at the old buildings made of stone, the waterways that flowed throughout, even the homes that were made from ships. Twinkling light were all around, hanging between balconies, and warming lamps were lit to cut through the chill of the nighttime air.

Elys was holding onto her hand, their fingers intertwined, as they followed Kalla and her lovers Shyael and Dodge toward the more questionable parts of the city. There were more than enough taverns and pleasure houses, drunken laughter ringing down the alleyways...along with the moans of couples doing much more than kissing in the darkened corners. Sounds that had Dessa's face flushing in embarrassment.

Peeking over at her reaction, Elys let out a snort.

"Don't laugh at me," she told him, digging her nails into the back of his hand.

"And here I thought you wouldn't be fazed by anything."

"How can someone not be fazed by that?"

Madame Amoria's wasn't much better. Before they even turned the corner down the street it was located, the pulsing beat of the music within echoed out. Dessa's excitement started to increase. She hadn't been to one of Kalla's nightclubs since Elys had come home when she got drunk at Mirage and Fin had to help her home. Now that she was going to one with Elys...and one of the more risqué ones...well, anything could happen.

As soon as the double doors were opened and everyone inside caught sight of Kalla, cheers rang out and the music seemed to get louder. While Shyael and Dodge headed for the bar, Kalla turned and grinned at the five of them.

"Food and drinks first, then dancing, right?"

Dessa was the first one to nod, especially since her stomach started growling as soon as they left the villa.

The rumors of her magic must have found their way to Blackloch since all eyes seemed to land on Dessa as they made their way through the crowded dancefloor to Kalla's personal alcove seating area. She kept a tight hold on Elys's hand, but he ended up tucking her under his arm just to keep her close and not have anyone steal her away for a dance. It wasn't just the alcohol that had everyone smiling lazily as they danced with each other, but also a sweet smelling smoke that filled one corner of the room. As soon as Dessa breathed it in in passing, her head started swimming before a sheer sense of ecstasy had her smiling, too.

"Be careful with that," Kalla grinned, coming up on her other side. "You don't want to get too close or else you'll never want to leave."

Continuing on toward the back corner alcove, the gossamer curtains were already pulled back. Empty glasses were arranged on the low lying table in front of the curved booth and several pillows were arranged to make it more comfortable. Something new had been added to the dais behind it that hadn't been there before - soft bedding with mounds of pillows. Dessa could only imagine what probably happened there a time or two, though the scent of it was replaced with the fresh scent of laundry soap.

Kalla swept her arm across the space, showing it off. "Welcome to my home away from home. Make yourselves comfortable."

Archer, of course, was the first to plop down in the middle of the sofa, stretching his legs out and putting his hands behind his head in a show of leisure. "Bring on the food, alcohol, and females."