20 - pinky pr0mise

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌

A SHARP CRY pierced your ears, making you snap your head in its direction. your brows furrowed at the figure scrunched up on the floor, at everything around you. why was it all black and white?

you covered your ears as it felt like the cries were coming from every direction, broken sobs interrupted by gasps for air.

gaze snapping back to the person on the floor, your eyes widened, your arms dropping as you ran over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"yams? yams, whats wrong? what happened?" you asked the freckle-faced boy. you still couldn't see color, already missing his two-toned hair.

he seemed to ignore you, trying to make his way out of your arms and clawing at the double doors in front of you. you looked up at it, the frosted glass preventing you from seeing anything inside. up, your gaze went, fixing up on the sign above the door frame.

EMERGENCY

suddenly, your breathing accelerated, your grip on the boy's shoulders tightening before you turned him to face you, shaking him, "what happened?? where is tsukishima?!" You asked, frantically looking around you.

you knew you were somewhere in a hospital, but the halls were empty. no equipment, no cleaning supplies, nothing. just the door and the dark hallways behind you.

yamaguchi stared at you, wide-eyed. his pupils were heavily dilated and his breathing crazed. he grabbed you, his fingernails penetrating your skin, causing you to let out a hiss of pain.

"he's gone," he said hysterically, though suddenly completely void of emotion.

YOU JOLTED AWAKE, feeling as if your heart was being squeezed and as if somebody was sitting on your chest. your breath was hastened as you reached out, in search of something.

feeling something grab your hand, you squeezed your eyes shut before opening them up again. looking around, tears welled up at your water line when you spotted tsukishima, a worried look in his eyes.

"what's wrong?" he asked, squeezing your hand.

you ripped your hands out of his to put both on his cheeks, cupping them and looking into his eyes.

"promise me you'll stay," you said, your breath still heavy.

his brows dipped, his eyes searching yours, "....what?"