26 - birfdae

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌

TSUKISHIMA WAS FROZEN in his spot at the door, your smaller frame peeking out from behind him to offer a smile to the scattered group of people standing before him.

his mouth hung open, his eyes darting around to take attendance. in the corner of the room—behind the bar stand—was the young man you had come to know as kuroo, his spiked black hair as messy as ever. of course, he was smirking as he cleaned a glass.

sitting on one of the bar stools was a smaller boy with ombre hair dyed blonde at the tips, pulled back into a ponytail. he held the tiniest smile you'd ever seen,

there was laughter all around; nobody had ever seen tsukishima shocked to the point of no words.

you couldn't help giggling, earning a side glance from the blondie as you gently moved him past the door and into the room because you were beginning to lose feeling in your fingers.

"hey, hey, hey!! bet ya didn't see this one coming, huh?" a loud, energetic voice cackled from the back of the room. a tall, buff man with white and grey hair came out with two drinks in his hand, grinning brightly. yamaguchi followed behind him, also carrying two drinks.

the both of them walked up to you two, yamaguchi handing you one of the drinks.

"happy birthday, tsukki," he said, snickering as he made eye contact with you.

"what. the fuck," tsukishima finally said, a deadpan look on his face. he rounded on you, the accusatory look on his face causing you to shrink back; you took a guilty sip of your drink. "guys what the hell!! did you plan this?"

"maybe..." you said vaguely, unable to hold back the smile on your face. "i had some help, though," you said, peering over his shoulder to send a wink to kuroo.

throughout the night, tsukishima grumbled anytime someone mentioned the look on his face when he walked in. despite his denial and claims of being angry and never forgiving you, you could tell he was having a good time, these were people he hadn't seen in months, if not years.

you were even happier because you got to meet and get to know the people he grew up with in high school.

there was hinata and kageyama: the bane of tsukishima's entire high school and volleyball career; daichi, suga, and kiyoko, who were his mentors and greatest source of good advice; yachi, who was like the (older) little sister he never had; bokuto, kuroo, and yamaguchi: his closest friends and confidants, but also his biggest pain in the ass.