11 - scm

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌

YOU SAT ON YOUR BED, your legs crisscrossed with your laptop on your lap, tipped over so you can see the screen better. you scrolled through the website, a pensive look on your face as you scanned the computer screen.

since the semester was soon to be over, you thought it would be a good idea to find an internship to bring in some extra cash, especially since cory decided to make you maid of honor.

being in marine biology, its more convenient to look for something in that field, so you were currently scrolling through multiple websites to scout out your options. you already had a few in mind but when the indecisiveness kicks in, it's hard to look over it.

before you changed to the next tab, your eyes flitted over to the clock. half past five. your eyes moved down to the leg of your desk, the events of that day suddenly flashing into your head and making you grimace.

"ugh, rex..."

in spur of the moment, you picked up your phone without thinking, pressing on the familiar, cringe-worthy contact name that you so often seemed to find yourself going back to.

it was only once the phone started ringing that you realized what you were doing. he picked up. so what do you say now?

-CALL

"yes, i ate. no, i'm not hungry. yes, i did my homework. and, no, i do not miss you," tsukishima states in a dull tone of voice, clearly already annoyed.

you chuckled because you could picture his exact facial expression in your head. since he got sick, you'd been calling tsukishima whenever you couldn't see him to check up on him, so now, whenever you do, he doesn't even wait for you to ask.

"that's not what i was gonna say, but thank you for telling me," you snorted. "why don't you miss me?" you said jokingly, a sarcastic tone to your voice.

you could hear tsukishima make an "ugh" sound over the phone, causing you to titter. "why would i?"

"so rude," you scoffed, even though you get the same answer every time. "anyway, i have something to ask you."

"why do you always call me? don't you have any friends?" you could practically see the familiar, shit-eating smirk on his face.

"uh.... i have my sister? but i know she's at work right now. and, who said i only call you?" you rolled your eyes, continuing to browse through the websites.

ignoring the last question, tsukishima chuffed, "how do you know i'm not at work?"

"you have a job?" you chuckled, laughing because you realized the thought actually never crossed your mind.