13|Jealousy

I looked over to hunter and he removed his hand mouth if was I was okay. I shake my head yes, he only wanted to get my attention and it worked. I was alright just have been talking during dinner.

When it was over we all got up, my mother kissed my father, Elizabeth, and I along with Hunter good night, and she left the room. All the men walked out of the room to have a drink to themself.

Elizabeth and I walked back to the east wing to our chambers. I told her goodnight and not to worry as we went into our own room. Susanna was already in mine, looking through my drawers.

"Like to tell me what you are doing," I asked her closing the door, she jumped back closing the draw before turning around.

"ah princess, I was just cleaning the room, so I decided to organize the drawers," she told me pointing to the drawers. She was a good liar I will give her that. The drawers she was going through usually keep my letters from William. I removed them the day I found her in the lord's room.

She was the only one I trusted with that information but now I can't. To think I thought of her as a sister and she would do such a thing."Okay thank you, Susanna, help me get ready for bed" I told her going over to my table and sat down.

"Yes, your highness" She bows her head and hurried over to me. She lets my hair down before combing it through.

"Susanna, friends call me Katherine. You are my friend right?"

"Yes, I am Katherine. Of course" she looked up at me in the mirror and smiled before getting back to her work. It was visible that I was angry but I just smiled.

"Good because I need a friend"

"Is it William princess, is he alright?" Right, out of all things that could be worrying me she asked of William. I never openly talked about him, it was a bit odd for her to ask. By now I am pretty sure that Lord marten knows of my and William's relationship. Funny how he hasn't used it against me yet with my father.

"No he's fine, it's you," I told her to see how she would react, just as I suspected she was scared because she knows what she's doing is wrong I got off the chair and faced her, my face neutral.

"Me, what did I do?" she asked taking a step back.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I kept pushing I wanted her to be the one to tell me, if I was to accuse her she would only deny it.

"No, if I had I would"

"Okay, so you and Jay aren't together" I smiled, quickly changing the way I was acting towards her. She saw this a there was a glim of relief on her face. She began to laugh as she undresses me.

"Oh no Katherine, were just friends"

"Okay," I told her as I slip on my nightgown and got under the covers.

"Goodnight Katherine" she was walking about the room outing all the candles leave us in darkness.

"Goodnight Susanna," I told her and watched her leave and closed the door behind her. I watch as the moon rose higher in the night sky waiting until It was the right time to speak with my father. When I was sure that everyone would be asleep I got out of bed.

I slipped on my slippers and put on my robe. Grabbing the candle at my bedside I lit and walked out into the closing the door behind me. I was positive that my father would be in the library.

I opened the door to the library and walked in. "Who is it?" My father's voice rang out in the almost empty room. This was the first time since being back that I was in here. It has changed a lot.