15|women and men are equal

"So you want to learn how to fight with a sword?" Hunter asked walking around me in a circle. I hope we don't start from the being because William had already shown me the basics. I can't really say that can I.

Last night I asked my father for Hunter to teach me at first he was hesitant and he still is. He said if people saw they would think the king can't protect his own daughter, how would he help them. So he said if I don't make it through the first try I would have to quit and never ask again. I agreed because I have already made it through three days with William. And after what happened with the attack I never want to feel venerable ever again.

"yes, as I said twice before" I turned around to face him, crossing my arms, he probably thinks I can't handle it.

"and your father agreed to this right?" He questioned, drawing a sword and handing it to me. I still haven't gotten used to the weight of these things. Then men make them look light as feathers when they are in combat.

"yes but he doesn't think I can make it through today" I tested it a hit, making sure I have a good grip on the thing. With William, I had almost taken his head off because I didn't have a grip on it when I was messing around.

"okay first thing, we need to get you out of that dress" He looks me up and down watching the dress I was wearing.

"I brought a change of clothes," I told him pointing at the bag I brought. I didn't think he was going to agree so I brought it with me just in case.

"Okay, then get change and let us start". I walked into the barn to change since it was closest to us than walking back to my chamber to get ready. He stood to watch to make sure no one would come in. We talked about him being back for a while until I walked out.

we have been at it for about an hour on the basic training and I was already drenched in sweat. The heat of the sun wasn't really helping in my favor either. "you're doing better than I thought in the basic" He laughed, taking a step back to get water, then to hand me a cup. "Have you done this before!" He asked putting back our cups.

"nope, first try" I lied.

"okay" he rushed at me swing his sword, I blocked with my sword most of his hits while I ducked the rest. He was striking really hard blows but really slow. They still hurt my hand and wrist but I wasn't giving up. With William, he went a bit easier on me with these types of things but Hunter was not having it. I liked that about him pushing me to my fullest potential.

"oh come on Katherine I thought you were tougher than this" he taunts me over and over. When I drop the sword about to give up I was not liking the way this was going "Don't you want to prove your father wrong maybe he was right. Leave it to the men" he kicked the sorted back at me to pick up.

"what?" I asked picking back up my sword even though I felt like my wrist was going to fall off. I wasn't going to let men think they can control us just because of how we're women, just because I couldn't do it doesn't mean others can't. I am sure if our roles were switched women would do much better. This society can kiss my ass and so can my father.

We both stopped his sword at my neck. He smirked "you lost again"

"really, you sure are that?" I asked raising my brows at him. I looked down and his eyes followed mine to what I was looking at. My sword in between his legs he laughed before removing the sword from my neck and I did the same taking a step back. Clapping came for the back of us was my father I had no idea how long he was there but I was glad that he was here to see me prove him wrong.

"good job" Hunter whispered to me be for he got his thing and began to walk away.

"what about your sword?" I called out but he just told me to keep it.