3|William Young

I hated this time of year with a passion and it didn't help that I was in a small shed with holes. I am grateful for the young lady's help. Without her, I would have frozen to death. I guess there is still hope for humanity after all. Helping her kingdom enemy stay alive. She brought me food, clothes and took care of my wombs. I owe her my life.

Pretty young girl she was, very intelligent beyond her years. Every time she came to drop off the food she would stay longer to keep me company.

Our conversations were very interesting, to say the least. Mostly about the politics between Delaware and Chester and we shared the same views. Basically, the war was pointless. That it.

I closed the book in my hand and put it down when I heard a noise outside. I stayed quite moving slow, drawing my sword. Looking out the hole in the back of the shed I saw a wild pig. I laughed at myself before getting some of my things and walked outside. I walked in the opposite direction of the village towards the lake. Though it was early evening it was getting dark fast due to the weather.

What is my father thinking right now?

With no way to contact him, I would have to be leaving soon. My wombs are almost healed, I would just gather something that I can and make a leave for it with Katherine knowing because she would try and stop me.

Any sane person would, in my condition and this weather I might not make it far. But I don't want my father thinking that my disappearance has something to do with King Charles. Hull the city hidden by forest, it a beautiful place. I have only been here once about four years ago. Best known for their amazing weapon-making skill.

I came to a stop at the lake and began to take off my clothes. The lake appears still, yet it flows under the thinnest of ice, awaiting the gentle touch of the sun. My nose burnt because of the air.

I took off my necklace, it was a golden locket that belonged to my mother. After she died my father took all her belongings and locked them away because he couldn't handle the pain. Sir Oscar let me in so I can have one thing without my father's knowledge.

I took this, she always wore it. After she died my father changed. He was no longer a fun and loving man I remember. And my poor sister Jane only got to know the bad side of him.

Inside the locket was a quote my mother always told me when I was younger.  I will always live by it no matter what. I put it down and continued, this is exactly what I needed an ice bath to calm myself. I stripped down to nothing.

The wind was biting cold as I walked into the lake if felt as if thousands of needles were piercing my skin but I kept going. With my head under my body took a while but it adjusted.

"Oy are you mad man" someone shouts behind him. I did not turn around, Hull was a tight-knit community everyone knew everyone. So I just send him tombs up and shout I am fine it's relaxing.

"I swear this war is driving everyone insane" the man rumbling on before leaving. I waited a while before I get out of the lake and got dressed. I made was trying to make my way back to the shed unnoticed. That was a close call if Katherine found out she about to be mad.

On the way back the wind picked up and rain fell lightly. The rain has lost the ambient temperature of early fall, freezing and paling my skin on contact. The path back to the shed is muddy with water.  It was hailing at the same time.

The gods really are not my side this time, are they?

To feel it isn't enjoyment, not fun like the gentle sunshine of springtime. Katherine said she loved the wintertime, mad woman. 

"Fuck, I dropped my necklace!" I shouted out, there is one way I am making it all the way back there. It's getting worse by the minute. I felt it all on my back. I experience each drop, together and apart, same and different. The droplets began soaking my eyelashes and clothes before they join the others on the ground like saltless tears.