14| Silent Attack

I was woken up by horrible screaming, it was screams that send an uneasy feeling down my spine. Then came the sound of our swords clashing is enough to break my heart, it sounded right outside. Something was very wrong I got up and walked over to the window. Most of the castle was on fire, people turning away from something while the knights run towards it. I was frozen I couldn't believe what was unfolding beneath me.

"Katherine, hey, we have to go!" Elizabeth slams open my bedroom door screaming. Now I am sure what I am seeing is just not my imagination for the sleeping tea that miss Ashwood had brought for me early that night. In the out distances was a vast ball of fire, it was then suddenly in the air coming our way

"Elizabeth" I screamed "get down" I run over to her pulling her down just as the castle was hit, I hovered over her as pieces of stone fell from the ceiling onto me. I swear that the entire castle was going to crumble down as it shakes. There was dust everywhere, my chandler fell from the ceiling.

"what's the bloody hells going on?" I was sure that we were being attacked but how had it escalate and so close to home. I began to shake think about everything that would happen if we lost our home. I pulled myself together to make Elizabeth feel more at ease that everything will be alright.

"They have gotten over the wall" she cried, I got off from the ground. I pulled her up and walked over to my dresser pulling the sword that Hunter had even me. I still wasn't any good with the thing but it's better to have it on me in case. I grabbed onto Elizabeth and pulled out of my room into the halls. All the paint that was once on the ground was now on the floor. Along with the broken vase and decorations.

"where are we going?" Elizabeth asked as we were making our way out of the east wing. I was hoping to get to our parents before we ran into any Chester knights. Is William with them?
was this his doing? No, it couldn't be, he and I both want the same thing, for this God-awful war to stop.

"stop asking questions and run faster" we were almost at my mother and father's chambers when a Chester's knight ran out of the room we both stopped and stared at each other. Both of us drawing our swords, I pushed Elizabeth back. There was no way I could take on a knight that trained his entire life. But help me good I was not letting me or my sister die today.

"Who are you, where are the Princess" he questions walking slow but closer to me, with each step he took forward I took backward.

"Doesn't matter where they are you're still going to kill us" I played into it, not many people can recognize us because f how long we were away. Sometimes I really hated but looks like it might save us today. He charged at me swinging his sword I ducked dropping my sword in the process. Now on my back, he lifts his sword over his head, knowing what was going to happen I kicked him as hard as I can in between his legs. Soon after a vase was broken over his head, he dropped his sword and it landed next to my face as he dropped on to me out cold.

"Help me up" we managed to get his heavy boy off of me just as a few of our knights came running down the halls over to us.

"Are you all right?" The asked looking down at the knight that we knocked out. They help me up and began to lead us down the halls in the direction that they came. I looked back before we went down the stairs to see one of our knights draw his sword slashing the neck of the knight that was knocked out. Blood went everywhere, I gasped as they pulled me away down the stairs.

" Girls just close to us." He told us and we followed them back the way that they came. We were going out the main door when it flew open and the Knights of Chester charged in.

"get back, get back" the men yelled. I pulled my sister to the side in a corner and I huddle over her. Blocking her from the scene playing out in front of us. Everything was broken, blood was everywhere. I watched as all the men killed each other, even if our people are at odds no one deserves to die that way.