6| Not Who I Thought You Were

"Elizabeth wells sit like a lady" my mother shouts for the hundredth time since we entered the carriage. "did I not raised you well"

My mother's anger had been placed onto Elizabeth after our ordeal at the house. She had been hard on Elizabeth more the usual because she has lost all hope in marrying me off.

if my father wants to win this war and put it all to an end he will need help from Lord Marten.

He has his son that mother will be more than happy to married Elizabeth off to. His son lord Nathaniel Marten is quite a handsome young man but it's bad I can't say the same about his attitude or manners. I will not stand to let Elizabeth be married off to someone like him.

"Mother leave her be," I said harshly "we're all tired from this trip"

"Katherine what your tone with me young lady"

I still remember my childhood home very well though I was only fifteen years old when my father sent us away. Elizabeth was only eleven, every memory I had was innocent and good until my mother brought up the topic of the marriage of course but I always knew how to avoid it.

I had been so happy back then so was Elizabeth. I hope to feel that way again when we go there. Elizabeth had to grow up so fast and with the changes that were made about our living situation. We didn't have people waiting around for us whenever we needed help. It was a good realization, very eye-opening. I loved the way we had been living, come to think if I wasn't my father eldest I would leave just to live like that again.

"I don't remember Delaware very well even though I was just eleven when I left"

"And who fault is that" mother rolled her eyes and looked out the window. She still blames us for father sending us away for safety. She didn't have the life she was known to with someone around for her hand and foot. I couldn't say I remember a day when I loved my mother she was never around and being with her in a small house for six years did not help at all.

 I couldn't say I remember a day when I loved my mother she was never around and being with her in a small house for six years did not help at all

The carriage pulled to a stop, we couldn't have made it to the palace. Not for another half a day.

"Is there a problem sir" we heard someone asked before there were a grunting sound and the sound of someone hitting the ground. Elizabeth grabbed onto me and I hold her back. There was a lot of noise of shouting and screaming in horror. Along with swords clashing together, I was surprised that mother hasn't woken up from a nap as yet.

"Are we there yet?" she asked us after Elizabeth reaches over to wake her up.

"No, we're being attacked!" I screamed as the carriage shook violently. Mother's face paled and she took it in what I just said. Everything then went silent, At that moment the quiet had become like icy drips onto already cold skin. We all were still, ears straining to hear.

Elizabeth moved over to the door to look through the window when the door was pulled open a knight dressed in the Chester color appeared. He grabbed onto Elizabeth pulling her out mother and I grabbed onto her. I kicked the man out a close the door.