Chapter 18

TAEYHUNG'S POV

"I'm sorry but have we met before?" after hearing those words leave her mouth I found the whole world falling behind me. "y/n? you don't remember him?" Yoongi asked her but she nodded innocently "Maybe a friend of yours?" she asked and more tears started flooding down "y/n you don't remember me? I'm Taehyung Princess Kim Taehyung your boyfriend," I said gulping down, a small hope in me wanting her to remember me but her facial expressions were even more confused "My what?" she asked and that's the point I broke down completely running over to Jin "Hyung she forgot me," I held his hand weeping into his shoulder "I failed hyung I failed, guess all along she didn't forgive me for what I did," I said looking at her direction with a sad smile "Guess its time for me to let go," I said wiping my tears "at least she is up now and she can restart her life without me," I started walking out of the door when a voice called me out "No Taehyung stop I was just playing I remember you please don't leave me," y/n said tears in her eyes. Now I walked back laughing wiping my tears "Guess whose pranks backfired," I said and everyone including y/n was shocked.

END OF TAEHYUNG'S POV

Y/N'S POV

After interacting with everyone I looked out the door still waiting for him. I am happy to meet my friends and family but my heart wants to see him more than anyone now. I want to hug him kiss him hold his hand but he is still yet to come "Did he perhaps fall out of love? or worse did he move on?" negative thoughts filled my mind when the door suddenly opened and the nurse who was taking care of me came in with a wheelchair "I'm sorry for ruining your reunion but I have to take y/n to run a few tests," she said and everyone nodded and before I knew it I was out in the wheelchair with her on my way to take the tests "Ms Choi didn't you boyfriend come?" she asked and I looked at her "my boyfriend?" I asked just to confirm who she is talking about and she nodded "You are so lucky to have a boyfriend like Mr Kim he took such good care of you for the past year without expecting anything in return except for your love and forgiveness once you wake up," she said and my eyes turned soft and it was glazed with tears. She explained everything to me how Taehyung would visit me every single day, bring me flowers and gifts, talk to me about his day, have a meal with me and how he would shower me with kisses and hugs and take the utmost care of me. "Even when most of them in the hospital advised him to move on and live his life he would always ignore them and just say if he has a life it is only with you and he would wait for you even if it takes years for you to wake up".

She completed and the stagnant tears now started falling "he deeply regrets his mistakes Ms Choi and I would say he made up for it in the past year more than enough actually, the whole hospital admires his love for you and I hope you will take the right decision," she said and I nodded now going deep in my thoughts as I came back to my room waiting for Taehyung to arrive that's when I got a stupid idea of pranking him. So now I was waiting for him to arrive so I could prank him saying I forgot who he was, cause why not after all he did to me this is the least way to express my anger but turns out my prank just backfired.

END OF Y/N'S POV

TAEHYUNG'S POV

It was a weekend and today we all will meet together at the hospital to hang out with y/n so I was ready and on my way when suddenly I felt uneasy while driving and I stopped the car and got out only to see a flat tire "Gosh not now," I said facepalming myself and wondering what to do when I got a call from y/n's doctor and with a nervous expression I picked u the call. "Hello, doctor?" I spoke my voice barely coming out as a whisper "Mr Kim I carry good news y/n is awake,"  he said and my heart almost skipped a beat and tears formed at the corner of my eyes "Doctor?" I shuttered and I could hear happy laughing coming from the other side "Yes Mr Kim you heard me right but before you could visit her just meet me for a minute," he said and I hummed before ending the call.