🔹two🔹

Zuko was standing in the back of the arena where the last Agni Kai had taken place.
It was deserted apart from him and his crying sister. He stood still, frozen with shock and horror, as  Azula spat Flames from her mouth.
He stood as she cried hysterically, tears welling up in her eyes and cascading down her cheeks. Then, very abruptly, the sobbing stopped, her head lolled forward and she fell.
Zuko's heart stopped, he ran forward desperately, he turned his sister over and suddenly jumped back.
Her body was no longer one of her 18-year-old self.
She was 6, tiny, little 6.
Azula raised her head and an innocent, pained face.
"Zuzu?"She whispered. She tried to move her hands but, finding them chained she cried desperately, " Zuzu! Zuzu, help me, please!"
Her childish voice pierced his heart like lightning.
But as he bent down to help his sister, the 6-year-old body shifted into the 14 years old one. Azula screamed and produced fire from her mouth.

Yelling in surprise, Zuko covered his face and jumped behind.
Only then did he look up, when he heard a young voice call out." Zuzu!"

There she was again, 6-year-old Azula, looking up at her bewildered brother, in her eyes, betraying pain.

Crack

Azula was 14 again, drenched in tears.

Crack

She was 6, yelling obscenities at her older brother for not helping her.

Crack

Crack

   Crack

This time she was older, as old as she was now, her pale eyes, blank face matted hair.
She looked up at him and said, in barely a whisper, " Zuzu."
She slumped forward and fell on the ground, dead.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Breathing heavily and occasionally gasping, Zuko woke up in the dead of night.

These dreams had to stop.

He pushed his sweat-drenched hair out of his eyes and looked at the bed which had been arranged for Azula.
It lay empty, a ray of moonlight falling on the pillow, through the small gap in the door.

With his heart beating like a pistol, Zuko rushed out on the deck of the ship, snatching his swords."Just in case." He thought. The moment he opened the cabin door, the cool night wind greeted him by slapping across his face.
His sweat felt like ice as it trickled down his neck.

Zuko did not need to look for his sister too hard. She was right there, at the edge of the ship, her legs dangling from the side, her hair blowing in the wind.
Hesitatingly, Zuko walked up and sat beside her.

" Yes, Zuzu?" Azula asked, her voice sounding irritated.

"You weren't there," Zuko said lamely. "So I came to look for you."

"With swords?"Azula asked bitterly. " Never mind." She said silkily, reading the awkwardly tensed look on Zuko's face.

"Couldn't sleep?"Zuko asked tentatively, trying to make a conversation.

Azula turned towards him, her expression slightly exasperated and slightly sarcastic, "Zuzu, you were screaming!"

Zuko looked at her, had he shouted out loud? Had he screamed and cried like Azula or had he simply called out his name like her baby version?

"And besides, I heard something," Azula said, shortly.

"Oh," Replied Zuko, not even paying attention to what his sister said, his mind still on the dream.

"Azula." He began, facing her slowly." Azula, I'm so- "

"Shut it, Zuzu." Azula interrupted him.

"No, " He said, firmly, looking at his sister, who was glancing around the water of the ship, totally distracted." No, I'm so-"

"Shut it!" Azula whisper shouted at his face.

So Zuko, sadly acknowledging the pulverising look Azula gave to him, went silent.

And then he heard it, groaning and clanking of metal. With a sudden jolt, the rattled the ship, a large tentacle emerged from the water and threw itself on the deck, making the sibling duo jump apart.

As the tentacle tried to get a firm grip on the ship, Azula ran at it, lightning crackling in her fingertips.
She welcomes the feeling of energy as the electricity Tangled itself around her fingers and flowed through her body.
With a whip-like movement, she directed lightning at the tentacles.
The bright blue hit the rubber red and the tentacle released its hold, diving in the water with pain and agony, more tentacles emerging around it.
Zuko and Azula blasted fire and lightning at the monster as the fended of its attacks.
Now, numerous crew members were emerging, getting ready to fight, only ten was a cry heard.
Zuko, Firelord Zuko, was dangling in the air, his arms and body stuffed in the hold of a tentacle.
Not waiting for a heartbeat, Azula jumped on the railing and ran its length, she jumped up when she reached the tentacle and gripped it with all her force. She jumped back from it, somersaulting as she blasted blue raging fire from her feet. ( Her poor shoes tho.)

The fire burnt the tentacle and it let go of the young Firelord.
Azula crackled her lightning and pointed it towards the water, where the figure of the gain squid advancing towards the ship could be seen. The electricity touched the water and the squid drowned, wailing in pain and agony.

" Well, that's that," Azula replied, jumping off the railings, as she dusted her hands.

Zuko looked at his sister in a way he had never seen her before, it could be because she had just saved his life.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

( omg, this song describes Azula precisely.)

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•