🔹eight🔹

Sokka punched the man in front of him as he swung out of the way of an ice crystal. He kicked the man in his abdomen and let him fall on the snow. He hissed as an ice crystal tore through the skin on his right shoulder, leaving a fairly deep cut where it had struck. His blood trickled like rosepetals on the soft snow, leaving minuscule patches of red on the pure white. His parka was ripped and his body was wounded yet he faced his opponent with determination inked on his face. The waterbending woman with caramel-colored hair glared at him and got into a stance. In a swift seemingly effortless motion she bent the snow around Sokka's feet and turned the water into ice.

Sokka cursed and swung his club in the air to crack the ice and free himself. However, he was hit with a sudden water blast before he could even touch the ice on his feet.

Water dripped from his hair as he panted. His eyes caught something green flash amidst the white and hope roused in his chest.

Suki jumped from behind a mount of snow and struck the waterbender in her knees, making her tumble. Before the women could even yell in surprise Suki had tied her hands and legs together firmly.

Sokka grinned at his girlfriend as she freed him from the ice.

"Come on." She said, gazing back at the village nearby." I think we got all of them."

Sokka smiled as the moon shone on Suki's painted face. He extended his hand and made her face him. " Thanks." He murmured, staring into her eyes, before kissing her.

They melted together as the Arora Borealis shone on top of them.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Hey, Azula?" Zuko asked as he stared at his sister who was wrapping bandages on her injured arm.

"What?" Azula snapped.

"H-How did you meet Lyssa?"

Azula froze. She slowly turned her face to look Zuko in the eye.

She could see curiosity in them, concern even. And she signed.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A teenage girl ran through the storm, her black hair tangling in the high winds. She looked back numerous times as she ascended the hill. The clanking of armor could be heard in distance and the girl ducked behind a boulder as guards ran past. Her clothes were made of fine silk, yet even a beggar would refuse to use them in the state at which they were. Numerous cuts embroidered her hands and legs. Raindrops trailing down her face merged with her salty tears. Her golden iris's moved franticly around the scene, assessing her position. Her feet moved swiftly as she saw an opening to escape from.

She climbed the hill, falling and stumbling, earning bruises and cuts along the way. Her palms were blistered and her eyes stung as each tear formed and fell. Her breath lagged and her lungs malfunctioned. She fell on hands and knees when she reached the top.

She clasped her hands to her mouth to stifle her wails. Nothing in the world could stop her from crying, it seemed. Not the potential threat of being caught, beaten, and imprisoned.

She stood on the same hill her brother had once, desperately trying to find their way. She starred as the rain pattered down her face and the occasional burst of thunder and lightning lighted her silhouette.

She was a warrior, she was a princess, she was the heir yet here she was a broken weapon, a disregarded tool, a mess.

She had never in her life thought of giving up, yet she stood on top of the hill, on the border of committing suicide.

At least then she would be free. At least she would never have to be worried again. At least she would be ......gone.

That was all she wanted.

A small growl startled her. She franticly tried to find the source. Behind a small amount of dirt and gravel, a little creature, no bigger than her head.

How she looked at the pathetic little black thing, how it reminded it of herself.

She dared to touch the creature and to her surprise, she found its presence reassuring. She felt warm. It was as if this disinformed creature had lighted a match and ignited her charcoal heart.

Her head jerked up as she heard distant voices.

She would never know what made her do it, but she scooped the creature in her hands and bolted towards the forest.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

This chapter is short but...I hope you like it.

Another thing I would like to add is that Lyssa signifies how one person can be small and weak sometimes yet can be big and strong in others. Each situation impacts each person differently. DO NOT FEEL AS IF YOU ARE USELESS, OR INSIGNIFICANT. YOU ARE PRECIOUS. YOU ARE PART OF SOMEONE'S LIFE. YOU ARE PART OF THE WORLD I LIVE IN AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR EXISTING. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU DO.

Sometimes life is hard and frustrating but it's part of this crazy thing we have been given. It is hard embracing it but we have to. REMEMBER, YOU ARE PRECIOUS. YOU ARE LOVED.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•