🔹Seven🔹

Zuko had never heard so many swear words in his entire life.

He walked humbly behind Azula as she cursed fluently under her breath. Her right hand clutched her left wrist. The scars on her shoulder and left hand shone as they passed another lamp in the depressant tunnel. He took the small token of light as an opportunity to distantly asses Azula's wounds.

To put it in simple words, they looked dreadful. The skin had been inked with red burns in the shapes of lightning. Her shoulder had a sudden burst of scars, somewhat like the one Zuko had on his stomach.

It was the same damn thing all over again.

The same thing.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zuko looked up at the towering figure of his father. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he begged for forgiveness and announced his refusal to fight his father. Ozia's eyes glistened with malice as he extended his hand forward. For a moment those villain eyes held sorrow and mercy that tricked the poor fire prince into believing that he earned his father's forgiveness. Just as he began to melt into his father's loving hand, heat flickered in his face and he screamed. The hand that had once held Zuko's face gently, almost affectionately, had brunt his skin. All he could do was yell and watch as his father released his own pains on his son. Tears would no longer tumble down his face, they would disappear as soon as they arose, evaporated into the atmosphere.

He would later give his existence.

Just as many members of this family had once done.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Azula tried effortlessly to produce the little flame in her hand like the one Zuko had done and shown her. The little girl screwed her eyes and frowned as she desperately tried to make the small fire.

"Lady Azula!" A handmaiden called humbly, walking up to the child sitting under the shade of the banyan tree." Lady Azula, it's time for you to take your afternoon nap."

Azula wasn't one to refuse rhythmic schedules yet today she shook her head and resumed her fruitless efforts.

She was solely devoted to this task as she had seen the reactions Zuko had gotten out of Father and Mother when he had shown that he could firebend.

Ozai had praised him and Ursa had declared a celebration. Father had called the finest tutor for Zuko and had declared Zuko as an idele son, producing fire at the age of 5.

4-year-old Azula wanted that, the praise, the acknowledgment, the love. Right now, she was just a spare, a girl to grow up and marry a suitable man and birth children for the fire nation. She was no one important, at least not in this family. Her own father never called her by her name. She was called 'child' by him, she was kept out of his sight and treated as an insignificant object.

Oh, how she longed for acknowledgment. For the approval of her existence. Oh, how she longed it.

The handmaid smiled softly and said, " 15 minutes then, Lady Azula. You need your rest."

As the child neither refused nor agreed, the handmaiden walked away awkwardly.

A few minutes later Azula's head snapped up as she heard s familiar voice.

Azula gazed at her father in fascination. She always did soo. He was such a tall person and she rarely saw him, so when she did she made sure to get a good look. He was soo strong and powerful. She was in awe.