🔹twelve🔹

Lyssa flew above the Southern Airtemple, her large body piercing through the wind as her great scaley wings flapped fiercely. Her irritation had no bounds. Not only was she separated from her bonded rider but she was also in a situation where she recognized no one.

Her cerulean glazed eyes surveyed the dots walking bellow and she swooped down.

"Lyssa!" Kiyi squealed as the dragon reduced its size in the process of landing on her shoulder.

Lyssa nuzzled against Kiyi's cheek, letting out a puff of smoke through her nostrils. Kiyi giggled at Lyssa's gesture.

"You're annoyed aren't you?" She asked the reptile on her shoulder.

Lyssa just tilted her head sideways, not understanding the phrase. Kiyi giggled again. Very suddenly Lyssa's eyes turned amber and she stiffened up. She unfolded and extended her wings and lept into the sky, growing as she gained height. Azula's position reflected in her mind and she let out an affectionate growl. Her rider was calling her and she obliged Azula's request.

Azula waited for Lyssa to turn up, unconsciously glancing up at the sky as she walked with the group. Sensing Katara's gaze on her, she signed and concluded looking at the sky.

"This is it," Toph exclaimed as she stomped the ground. "The western air temple is right bellow."

Aang smiled and climbed up on Appa calling out for everyone to do the same. Katara, Toph, and Zuko pleasantly climbed on the flying bison and waited for Azula to do the same.

Yet Azula stood frozen where she was, staring behind her into the mist.

"Azula?" Zuko called.

"I- There's something I forgot," Azula whispered.

She turned to face Zuko and her face reflected pure fright. Each line etched on her face screamed afraid.

An expression like that on Azula's face terrified Zuko and made his blood stop." Azula?" He whispered again.

"SHIT!" She screamed." SHIT!"

Not even bothering to explain herself she ran in the opposite direction.

"AZULA!" Zuko bellowed after her.

Azula ran as fast as her feet could take her, panting her way through the mist. She stopped and took a deep breath, focusing on her breathing and the movement of her energy in her chakra. She closed her eyes and concentrated. When she opened her eyes, those amber irises had turned cerulean and her face was devoid of expression. Through her eyes she could see what her dragon could, the clouds, the sky, the capital city.

Like a burst of flames, hope rose in her chest and she directed her focus to sending Lyssa a message. It took a moment for Lyssa to respond, not in words but with feelings and actions.

Navigating her large body carefully, Lyssa ducked and dived in the air, making her way towards her new destination.

Relief washed over Azula as Lyssa confirmed a mission well done.

She blinked her eyes and she was back in her body, no longer connected to Lyssa, her aurum eyes back. She was being shaken, she reflected. Shaken by her brother who was coincidently looking too worried for his age. She also noticed that his friends had surrounded her in a tight circle. She smirked to herself as she pushed her brother away.

"Relax, Zuzu, It's all been taken care off." She spoke smoothly.

"What's been taken care of? Azula, what have you done?"

"Aww, Zuzu, It's a surprise. You'll find out soon anyway."

"Azula!" Zuko yelled, the command in his voice spiking up Azula's annoyance. "Azula, you have co-operated with us nicely until now, don't ruin it. What have you done?"

"Well, let's say I saved someone you might care about, two someone's actually."

"What? Who?"

"Oh, I'm not saying any names, we might as well have a surprise if we can!"

"SPIT IT." Katara growled through clenched teeth.

"A Princess doesn't do uncivilized things like spitting, peasant." Azula retorted savagely.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not a princess then." Katara dug in.

The smirk on Azula's face fell and her feature morphed into a deadpan glare," Just because I was a war criminal doesn't mean by bloodline has changed."

"Yeah, we noticed. After all, you got all the hereditary stuff from your father."

Azula had already been holding up her emotions in a bottle scientifically called as heart, this tinge at her stung her worse than ever. She was being compared to her father. Her father!

Blood boiled in her veins and her heartbeat increased drastically, her breathing turned into panting and her fist began to smoke. It was as if she was having a seizure.

Her glare turned into a smirk and her body relaxed, her breath returning to her lungs. Her fist died out and her impressive demeanour pulled up again.

"Well, it's good that I did, after all, he was the strongest fire bender there lived."

"He was a murderer, an abuser and a power hungry maniac!"

"Not my fault."

Katara was boiling with anger. This woman had hurt Aang badly, she had almost killed him. She had caused so much pain and devastation to so many people and she had the nerve to stand there all proud and confident, not giving a damn about anything but herself.

With a whip like movement Katara navigated a stream of water towards Azula. Noticing her movement Azula lighted up her fists and prepared for a counter.

The soil under them rose with incredible speed and a rock wall formed between the two.

"That's it." Toph commanded. "Why don't we save the fighting for the people who really need a beating?"

"She does need it!" Both Azula and Katara spat in synchronisation.

****************************************************

Toph focused on her breathing as she and Aang rested after their intense training. She heard a distant rumbling and a deep faraway growl.

Her senses perked up and activated her defences as she yelled to the others in alarm.

Azula's eyes sparkled as she heard Tophs exclamation. Her feet moved and she ran towards the edge of the temple.

Lyssa's humongous body slowly appeared through the mist, her claws skidding against the stone floor as she landed, her big wings making the dust particles around her dance in the wind.

Azula smirked at the confused look on Tophs face and walked over to Lyssa.

A figure slid down from her back and another followed.

Tousled haired, knives pointed at Azula, Mai glared at her ex- friend, Tylee hiding behind her back.

"Hey Mai!"