Chapter 31

"Aaahhhh...."
I woke up by a loud scream. I turn to see my wife looking at her phone screen shocked and screaming. I immediately take her in my hand and hugged her.

"It's okay baby, I am here for you.... everyone has to die one day." I was comforting her running my finger on her back to make her more calmer.

"Who has died?"
I saw her raised an eyebrow at me and asked me with a confuse face.

".... Your dad, my father in law!"

"When?" she asked me back in a more serious tone.

"Just now that why you were screaming!"

"JAKE LEVIS,...." and I was hitted with a pillow.

".... haha okay okay tell me why were you screaming." I asked her taking her in my embrace.

"Julia is pregnant, I am going to be an aunt."
She was smiling very brightly. Infact that the first time am seeing her genuinely happy. The spark in her eyes are back again. If Julia being pregnant can make her so happy then am sure she will be on cloud nine if she is pregnant herself.

" Well congratulations to her and your brother."

"We are invited tonight for a family dinner to celebrate this."

I glanced at the clock, it was 8 o'clock. I could not help myself to pull out from her embrace and get prepared to work.

"By the way Jake, you don't have to go for work today?"

I groaned and buried my face on her neck. Her scent is an addiction to me.
"...... and here I thought I was getting a holiday because my father in law is no more but he is much alive to my disappointment!"

" JAKE get your ass off from the bed right now, am going to prepare breakfast."

"No baby, please don't leave me it is so cold to go to work today. Come on let's cuddle and keep ourselves warm on the bed."

"Jake stop being a baby, be good and get up."

"Honey, I think I have fever. I won't be able to go for work."

I felt her palm touch my forehead and hit me on my chest.

"You are perfectly fine."
And then my phone rang. I sighed heavily and picked it up.