Chapter 38

I was in the middle of an important meeting when my new secretary entered the conference room with a worried look whispering for me to come in my office room immediately. Nobody disturb my meeting unless it was related about my wife or parents, this was my instruction given.

I went into my office and she came behind me.
"Sir, it is your wife... !"

"My wife, what happened to my wife?" I asked feeling panicked.

"Your driver could not locate her where she is."

"What the fuck, call my driver now".

My secretary dialed the number and in one ring he picked it.

"Robert, where the hell is my wife?"

"I don't know sir, madam went to the pastry shop near the hospital after you left, after 20mins as she was taking time to return I went in search for her but there was no one. She had already left."  i cut the call without saying anything.

It is not Lorie habit not to inform me before going somewhere. I try her number but it was switch off. I decided to try Kevin number maybe she is with him.

" Hi Kev, sorry to disturb you, is Lorie at your place? "

"No Jake, am at the mall with Julia and Max. What happen?"

"Maybe she is at your parents house or her father house?"

"Jake have you lost it, both her father and my parents live in UK, you have to catch a flight to go there?... you freaking me out now, what the fuck happened?" he was screaming the last part loud.

After explaining him what happened, we all decided to meet at my house. I called Skylar and my parents too to rush.

Everyone arrived almost at the same time. We all went into the living room.
" Sky, try to get me the cctv of the pastry shop."

"Okay I will go first." replied Skylar before going out.

"I think we should inform the police." suggested Julia.

"No, till we don't know with whom we are dealing we can't put her life and her baby in danger." Kevin replied back massaging his forehead.