Just Another Day in Paradise

George walked out of his house feeling awful in the chilly morning air, his chest was heavy, his head hurt, and his stomach was aching but he did his best to ignore it. George was wearing a white hoodie and black sweat pants, although it usually had been warm in Florida George never went outside in shorts or short sleeve shirts because of the bruises that his parents give him for... Any reason they could find to hit him.

He got to the highschool in about five minutes and he looked around for his two best friends, he found them sitting in the cafeteria and George walked over to them.

"Hello Gogy!" Nick said in his horrible british accent.

"That's not my name," he muttered.

"Anyway, you guys want to come to the swimming pool this weekend?" Nick asked. As much as i want to go, i can't, i don't want them to know and worry about me. Like they'll believe me anyway...

"Hello? Earth to George," Nick said waving a hand in front of George's face.

"What?" George asked, slightly irritated that Nick interrupted his thoughts.

"Do you want to go swimming this weekend?" Nick repeated.

"I don't think i can," George said, looking away.

"Oh come on Georgie please!" Clay begged. "I'll be sad if you don't!"

"Then you're just going to have to be sad then," George teased.

"Please George!" Clay insisted.

"Fine! I'll see what i can do," George said muttering the last part.

"Thank you George!" Clay beamed.

----

The day went by fine though George still felt awful, just a regular Wednesday for him. Once he got through the door he found his parents fighting, this happened often so George went to go past them.

--TW: OFFENSIVE TERMS AND ABUSE--

"Where do you think you're going you little shit," his step-dad snapped at him.

"My room, oh am i not allowed in my own room anymore?" George hissed.

"You do not talk to me like that you worthless piece of shit!" He came at George kicking the bruise he left earlier that week. George screamed and fell to the ground, he crawled back to his room and locked the door. He heard banging on the door as his step dad tried to get in with no avail after five minuets. George cried late into the night silently sobbing and falling asleep on the floor.

-----

George woke up the next day to his step dad pounding on the door.

"Get up you're going to be late." He sounded drunk and George didn't want to leave his room. He reluctantly got up and went to change, he put on a different hoodie and a pair of jeans, carefully covering the bruise wincing as he realized it made him limp, he tried not to let it show too badly and George grabbed his bag, he instantly groaned as he realized he forgot to do his geometry homework. He sighed as he limped over to unlock his door. He opened it slowly and he didn't see his step-dad, he limped out the front door as fast as he could and shut the door behind him. He sighed as he got out the door safely and started limping to school.

He got to his school a little later than he expected and his heart dropped as he saw his friends already staring at him. They know i'm limping don't they? Clay got up from the table with a worried look on his face. Welp that's a yes, great. He whimpered as the pain slowly got worse.

"Hey what happened? Why are you limping are you hurt?" Clay asked, his voice was engulfed with confusion and concern, George's heart melted, he just wanted to sob into Clay's arms and tell him everything that happened the night prior. But Clay would never believe him and just think he's lying for attention.

"I just twisted my ankle on the way here, i'll be fine," George said, trying to keep a smile on his face while holding his leg off the ground.

"Obviously you're not, you can barely use your left leg George!" Clay observed.

"Seriously Clay i'm fine," George insisted wincing as he put his leg back down for a moment to regain his balance.

"No, nope c'mon you're going to the nurse," Clay said sternly.

"Clay i really don't ne-" he was cut off with a gasp of pain as he set down his leg.

"Okay, you have no choice now," Clay said. Clay instantly picked George up, bridal style and started to carry him out of the cafeteria, Nick catching up to them quickly. George was blushing furiously and tried to get out of Clay's grip, no avail.

"What's wrong with him?" Nick asked looking at George.

"He says he twisted his ankle but-" George couldn't catch the rest of his words as he whispered them to Nick.

"Clay seriously put me down!" George whined.

"No, we're almost there calm down," Clay chuckled. George felt his heart beating faster and faster, they were going to find out after two years of it happening. Clay tuned into the Nurse's office and set him down on the cott. The nurse came over and asked what was wrong.

"He twisted his ankle," Clay answered. George lifted up his pant leg wincing and his heart dropped as he saw Clay looking at the bruise, his gaze was filled with shock and sadness.

Summary: George talked back to his step-dad and he got angry and kicked George in a spot he kicked before making it worse, George locked himself in his room.

Ik kinda dramatic for the first chapter but i like drama ❤