Turn for the better

Clay POV:
It had been 3 years after Drista died. Things have been getting much better, soon after highschool, me and George started youtube channels. We gained popularity quickly and me and George were soon able to move out.

Everyday, it seems like me and George are falling more and more in love and we even have planed our future together. Recently, Karl and Nick got married so, i wanted to shoot my shot.

I had the ring, it was expensive but so worth it. It had a blueish silver band with a square sapphire in the middle, with little diamonds surrounding it. Maybe a bit overboard but i couldn't care less.

I was making George breakfast in the kitchen when i felt his arms around my waist, it seems he had just woken up and was now clinging to me and nuzzling my back.

After Drista died, he had to go to therapy, it was a long, painful process, and a lot more tears were shed. I had to go to therapy myself, it hurt a lot, after i started hearing Drista in my head is when i started to go to therapy.

I don't hear her anymore and i'm very happy about that. Yes i miss her but i don't want to feel this way around George.

"Hi honey, how did you sleep?" I asked, turning off the stove as the egg finished cooking.

"Good," he mumbled.

"That's good, no nightmares?" I asked softly.

He shook his head. "I had a dream though."

"Do you remember what it was about?" I asked, setting the egg on a plate.

"We were sitting in a field together, making flower crowns until the sun had set and we had to go home," George said.

"Aww, that's cute sweetie," i cooed. "Do you want to go out to dinner tonight?" I asked.

"Of course Clay, i would love to, as long as it's not that diner from three years ago," he giggled.

"That was one time and i kept my promise of never going there again," i growled.

George just laughed and kissed my cheek. "Suite and tie?"

I nodded with a cheeky grin, knowing he hated getting in a suite.

"Can i wear a dress instead?" He pouted.

"Fine," i said, rolling my eyes.

"Yes!" He celebrated, cutely.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "We leave at seven."

I would ask him at the end of dinner. God i'm so nervous.

Timeskip+POV change to George
Clay opened the restaurant door for me and i giggled and thanked him after teasing him of being such a gentleman.

"Reservation for?" The hostess asked.

"Reservation for Clay," Clay said confidently.

"Ah, follow me sirs," she said, grabbing menus and silverware.

We followed her to our table and Clay pulled out my chair for me and scooted it back in. I giggled and he took my hand in his after he sat down.

I looked through the menu and gawked at the items.

"Clay!" I exclaimed quietly.

"What is it hun?" He looked up from his own menu.

"These are all so expensive!" I hissed.

"You deserve it," Clay said sweetly.

"No i don't-" he cut me off.

"Get whatever you want baby," Clay smiled.

I nervously looked through the menu, looking for the cheapest thing on it Clay seemed to notice and he smiled at me kindly.

"Hun, get what you want, don't worry about the price," he said, squeezing my hand.

I just sighed and nodded, i looked at the menu and decided to order some sushi that they had. It was quite expensive to my dismay.

The waiter came and took our orders before leaving. We talked, joked, flirted, anything couples would really do. Soon our food arrived and we started eating. I tried his good he tried mine. (And no i could not decide wich was better.)

And soon enough we had finished and was waiting for our check when Clay grabbed my hand. I looked at him and he was smiling, i smiled back.

"George, you are the best thing that could've ever happened to me," he began. "We've had our ups and downs and i believe that, those downs are what brought us closer together, proving we feel love like this for no one but each other."

He got up from the table and grabbed something from his pocket. "So."

He got down on one knee, i gasped, covering my mouth. "George Henry Davidson," he began. "Will you make me the happiest man in the world," he opened the ring box and let it shine in the candlelight. "And marry me?"

I let the tears stream down my face. "YES!"

I jumped out of my seat and hugged him, he stood up and twirled me around laughing. The people around us started to clap, congratulating us on our engagement.

Clay took my hand and slid the ring on my left ring finger and i smiled at him with teary eyes. He slid his lips onto mine in a loving kiss. I love him so much, and soon, he'll be mine, forever.

Wc: 854

Total wc: 48414

Song suggestion: I lived

This was the first fanfiction i wrote and the last of the first trio, make sure to vote for the next one you want to see, just scroll down on my conversations page, well that it it for now lovelies. See you next book

Sol💙