Why?

Clay POV---

Clay woke to the sound of his alarm and was instantly irritated. He turned off the alarm opened his eyes to find his face about two inches away from George's, he was startled but the brunette was still asleep and Clay took the time to really take a look at him. Clay realized that George had freckles, not many but they were there, Clay smiled to himself slightly before sitting up to get ready for school. With Clay moving around, it wasn't long before George was awake and complaining. They started to get ready for school when scratching at the door scared George.

"Calm down George, it's just Patches," Clay chuckled. He opened his door and a tabby cat with white paws and chest walked in and jumped onto George's lap.

"Hi baby girl!" George cooed at the cat petting her. She responded by purring and playfully biting George's hand.

"Well, she's not as shy to you as she used to be Georgie," Clay murmured grabbing a new shirt.

"Guess not," George murmured, not taking his eyes off of Patches. George petted Patches before walking over to the drawer next to Clay.

"Do you have more clothes i can borrow?" He asked.

"Just go in those, no one will care it's friday," Clay said.

"I guess that's true," George said, he walked back over to Patches and started scratching under her chin. She bit his hand and he recoiled.

"Ow!" George yelped.

"Did she get you?" Clay asked turning back to him.

"Yeah, she nicked my hand, it's bleeding," George murmured shaking his hand in pain.

"There are bandaids in the bathroom if you need them," Clay said taking off his old shirt and starting to put on the new one.

"Kay," George murmured. George got up to leave and looked at Clay. Clay could feel George's gaze on his chest and he laughed.

"Like whatcha see?" Clay teased.

"Shut up," George hissed turning red. Before Clay could say much else, George had already went into the hallway closing the door behind him. He's mad at me, i didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, i was just teasing. Clay sighed and put on his shirt and changing his pants before George could come back and walk in on Clay changing. When he got done he walked out of his bedroom and leaned against the counter and started scrolling through his phone, he heard loud footsteps and looked up to see Drista coming down the stairs with an annoyed look on her face.

"Would you be quiet! Mom and dad are still asleep!" Clay hissed.

"Whatever," Drista snapped back. Clay rolled his eyes and looked back down at his phone. He looked up as George came back down the stairs and walk over to him.

"Hey, i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable, i didn't mean to," Clay said.

"What? Oh, it's fine, i was just tired and grumpy, besides it came out harsher than i expected." George hopped beside him on the counter and started scrolling through his own phone, he had a worried look on his face.

"You okay?" Clay asked.

"My mom's been texting me all night," George murmured.

"Nothing to bad to worry about." Clay nodded. He looked at the clock and saw that they needed to leave.

"Time to go, c'mon Drista." Drista just scoffed and followed Clay and George out the door. On the way to school George was cracking jokes and Clay thought all of them were funny and he even caught Drista smile at a few of them.

They got to the school and something imminently felt off, Nick wasn't there and he was always there before Clay and George, but Clay just brushed it off and sat down at his table with George. Before long Clay realized that he had to use the bathroom so he excused himself and left the cafeteria.

He turned the corner to go to the bathroom and Clay could feel his heart stop, there he saw Nick and Chloe, kissing outside the bathrooms. Clay felt anger well up in his throat and tears pricked at his eyes, Chloe had always accused him of cheating, and now there she was, cheating on him with one of his best friends.

"And you say i'm the cheater," Clay snapped. Chloe quickly pulled out of the kiss and looked at Clay. Clay didn't let her say anything before walking back to the cafeteria. He noticed George walk up to him and he pulled George into a hug crying silently into his shoulder.

"Clay what happened?" George asked calmly.

"C-Chloe cheated on me," Clay whispered. "With N-Nick."

"What? Nick wouldn't do that!" George exclaimed.

"Clay baby! I didn't mean it c'mon," Chloe said behind him.

"Chloe he doesn't want to talk to you at the moment," George said calmly.

"Ugh, what do you know?" Chloe snapped.

"I know that Clay doesn't want to talk to you right now, bye!" George shot back.

"But-" George cut her off.

"Bye!" Chloe growled and stormed away and Clay knew Nick was behind him as well. He knew he had an explanation but he didn't want to hear it at that point, George knew that. George led Clay to a table and he just sat there and cried, George was there for him and he was feeling a bit better. The bell rang and George stood Clay up and looked him in the eyes.

"Will you be okay?" George asked. Clay nodded though he just wanted the day to be over.

----

School finally ended and Clay walked with George to his house and he found George happy to see that his parents weren't home. Clay hugged him tightly.

"Promise me, if anything happens text or call me okay? I don't want to see you like that again," Clay whispered.

"I promise," George said hugging him back.

"Bye George," Clay said.

"Bye Clay," George waved before jogging inside his house.

"I love you," Clay whispered to himself before turning to walk home by himself.

Holy- another 1k words

So sorry this took so long to get out but i got it done, i went to my grandmas and wasn't allowed to bring my phone anyways see you next chapter lovelies!! ❤❤