The Silence of Heartbreak

Tw: death, knives, blood, guns- i'm so dead TwT

Drista POV:
The door slammed open, waking me and George up. I look up sacredly, seeing the woman come in, in her (probably stolen) red dress and heels.

"You brats! You got us caught! We hear the sirens!" She snapped.

"Why do you think we care? Psychotic whore," George growled. "At least we're getting away from you!"

"Yeah, Serves you right! You fucking bitch!" I taunted.

"You know, i had sympathy for you little girl," she cooed. "But that's gone now.

In an instant, she grabbed the serrated pocket knife from the table and lunged over at me. The last thing i felt was the cold metal seeping through my skin, shock took over my body and i didn't feel the pain.

All i heard was George yelling my name, my heartbeat got louder and louder in my ears, the metal was ripped from my chest, i could feel the pain now, and i couldn't even get my self to scream. I felt cold, but i felt the warm blood rn down my skin as my world faded to black.

George POV:
I was yelling at Drista, hoping she would wake up. She never even budged after Laura took the knife from her chest. Laura tied a gag to my mouth again as i tried to bite her fingers, little to say, it didn't work.

The police came through the door, getting me, i yelled at them to let me see her when i heard the words.

"She's gone, no pulse," the EMT murmured.

My heart shattered and i just fell limp in the paramedic's arms. I didn't know what to think other then the fact that her death, was my fault. I insulted Laura first, if Drista hadn't followed suite, maybe she would still be alive.

I was sobbing quietly as they put me in the ambulance, i heard Clay, i was too weak to lift my head.

"Please, can i ride with him?" He begged.

"Fine, he needs to calm down anyway," the paramedic caved.

I heard Clay sit down and i opened my eyes, he was smiling softly at me, it made my heart melt.

"Georgie, can you tell us everything that happened?" He asked gently.

"H-he cut me a-and w-whiped m-me, he hurt me," i stuttered.

Clay had tears in his eyes. "Anything else angel?" He asked gently.

"Sh-she force fed m-me, i-i couldn't breathe," i wanted to cry harder.

"What did she do to Drista?" He asked.

Tears filled my eyes and Clay grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. "She killed her... SHE KILLED HER!"

Clay looked at me with heart break in his eyes. The paramedics decided to step in and take a look at my chest, seeing as it was whipped to the point that it would scar.

We got to the hospital and checked me over. There was nothing that none of my injuries were too bad and all that i needed were bandages for my chest so that they don't get an infection.

Clay held my hand through it all, i knew he was hurting, probably worse then me, maybe we'll both need therapy after all of this.

He took me home and he held me close as we both cried into each other's shoulders. He cried, partly to the relief to be in each other's arms again and the grief of his lost sister.

"I'm so sorry Clay!" I sobbed.

"It's okay, you're right where you need to be hum," he sniffled.

He kissed my forehead and i hugged him tight. Maybe things will finally get better. Maybe all of the bloodshed is over, maybe, we will finally be free from pain. But that might just be a wish, that never comes true.

Wc: 639

Song suggestion: symphony

Hello 💙💙💙