You Had To Lie?

-Clay POV-
Clay felt his heart shatter, George had a large dark purple bruise that covered most of one side of his leg. Clay was right, he didn't twist his ankle, someone did that to him, on purpose or not Clay was pissed, someone hurt George and he was determined to figure out who did it and why.

"George," Clay growled.

"Who did that to you?" Clay asked anger rising in his throat.

"I did it i-i fell off my bike last night and-"

"Enough with the lies George!" Clay snapped cutting him off. He saw George flinch but didn't calm down though his heart melted more.

"Who did it?" Clay repeated anger making him raise his voice.

"Clay, calm down," Nick whispered.

"I can't Nick! Look at him! He's in pain because of somebody and i want to know who!" Clay snapped. He turned away from Nick and started to walk towards George, he flinched as Clay knelt down next to him, making Clay's heart break more.

"I would never hurt you George, i would never do anything to hurt you, you know that right?" Clay asked gently. George nodded.

"You can trust me okay?"

"Now tell me what happened to you, no more lies, no more secrets okay?" Clay asked. George nodded, tears forming in his eyes.

"I got home and my parents were fighting, i pushed past them and my step dad asked 'where do you think you're going?' I was being stupid and talked back, he told me i was worthless, and he kicked me where he had kicked a few days earlier, i couldn't walk i crawled to my room-" George couldn't get out the rest as he broke down into sobs. Clay instantly got up and hugged him. George wrapped his arms around the taller boy crying into his shoulder as Clay rubbed circles on his back. He looked back at the nurse.

"Call my mom please," he whispered. She nodded and started typing on her computer. She typed a number into her phone and started speaking softly into the phone. Clay shifted his attention back to George who was still crying into his shoulder gripping onto his hoodie.

"You're safe now, it's okay, it's okay," Clay whispered. Nick had already left to tell the teachers where they were, leaving him and George alone with the nurse, Clay's mom most likey on her way to get them. George wasn't crying as hard as he as earlier but he was still crying softly. Clay pulled him closer to his chest, Clay moved his hand to run it through George's soft hair.

"Feeling better?" Clay asked as he noticed George was slowly crying less and less.

"A little," George mumbled, he didn't move, staying close to Clay. After a few moments of them sitting there Clay realized how close George was to him he never was able to be this close to Georg and George allowed it, he felt himself starting to blush. Really? I'm getting flustered now? Clay sighed and George stirred.

"I-i'm sorry, are you uncomfortable?" George asked.

"What? No! You're okay George, don't worry about it, it's fine," Clay said. George nodded and put his head back on Clay's chest. They stayed in a comfortable silence and Clay soon realized that George had fallen asleep. Clay's mom walked in and saw George asleep and stayed quiet.

"What happened to his leg?" She whispered.

"His step-dad," Clay whispered back.

"Can you carry him to the car?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's not too heavy." Clay repositioned his arms so that he was holding him the same way he did when Clay had carried him to the nurse. He gently moved off the cott and started walking with his mom out of the building.

----

When they got back to his house Clay carried George up to his room and laid him down gently on his bed, he laid down next to George and wrapped an arm around him, Clay felt protective when his arm wrapped around George, he didn't want to move so he didn't and ended up falling asleep.

----
!TW: PANIC ATTACK! (i know so many tw's but there won't be one next chapter i promise)

Clay woke to George whimpering in his sleep. He lifted his head and George was crying in his sleep. He shook George's shoulder.

"George wake up," Clay said.

"George!" Clay said louder. George jolted awake looking around bewildered. When he saw Clay he didn't hesitate to pull him into a hug, sobbing.

"Calm down George it was just a nightmare, i'm here now," Clay whispered, hugging him back tightly, bringing George close to his chest.

"They were going to-" George choked out.

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's okay," Clay whispered. Clay rubbed George's back trying to calm him down but it wasn't working this time, what ever his nightmare was about, it was bad.

"George you need to calm down okay, try to calm down it'll be okay," Clay said.

"I can't," George whimpered.

"You can't what?" Clay asked.

"B-breathe." Clay started to panic, George was having a panic attack and he didn't know how to help him. I need to regulate his breathing and calm him down.

"Okay George do what i do okay? We're gonna breathe okay?" George nodded and Clay took a deep breath in and let it out, George did his best to try and do what Clay was doing but, he was able to breathe again which was all Clay was worried about. George stopped crying and he pulled out of the hug.

"Thank you Clay, for everything," George murmured, his voice scratchy from crying.

"Of course George, i would've never heard the end of if from Nick if i didn't, plus it's just what i do," Clay said truthfully. George giggled and Clay felt better, though deep down he still had that burning anger for George's step-dad. He pushed it away for now and Clay looked at George's smile and couldn't help but say "you're so pretty." George looked at him his face turning a light shade of pink. Shit.

Summary: George had a panic attack after waking up from a nightmare and Clay did his best to calm him down

Quick edit: i did realize i spelled George's name wrong in one of the paragraphs but i want to leave it because i think that it's funny.

Anyways, that's all for now my lovelies, see you next chapter ❤