Here We Go Again

George POV--

George felt his cheeks turn pink as he stared at Clay, the words he just said lingered in George's head replaying over and over.

"W-what?" George stuttered.

I-i umm" Clay said turning pink himself. At that moment his mom walked into the room and smiled at them.

"Dinner's ready," She said.

"Mkay thanks mom!" Clay said. It was obvious he was trying to ignore what happened, but it did happen, and there was nothing Clay could say to convince George that it didn't.

Clay had to help George down the stairs because his leg had hurt so bad but they were able to get downstairs for dinner. It was hamburgers and mac and cheese with green beans. It was a very american meal but George didn't mind, he loved Clay's mom's burgers. He sat at the table next to Clay and his sister sat across from him. George noticed Clay giving his sister a death stare as she smirked at him.

"So Clay, who's your new boyfriend?" She smirked. Clay let his head fall to the table with a loud bang and George flinched.

"Drista!" Clay's mom scolded, while Drista started to snicker.

"You're a witch," Clay hissed lifting his head and putting his chin on the table. George giggled, he thought their shenanigans were funny, he never had a brother or sister of his own and he never had the feeling of being annoyed that someone stole his charger.

"He's my best friend Drista, don't get your hopes up," Clay said. George felt something he didn't like. Disappointment? Guilt? Heartache? What ever it was he didn't like it, and wanted it to go away. Clay noticed and put a hand on his knee, George looked at him and Clay looked worried.

"Are you okay?" Clay asked, he was using that soft and gentle voice he always used around George when they were alone. He nodded as the feeling went away and he smiled Clay smiled back keeping his hand on George's knee, though he had to remove it to eat.

When they were done eating Clay helped George back upstairs while Drista was behind them complaining that they should go faster. George felt Clay's grip tighten, he was silently pleading George to try and go faster because he was getting angry at his sister's complaining. George did his best and was able to get up the stairs and into Clay's room. He sat down on the bed and looked into his lap, some how again he was tired and he decided to take a shower.

"Do you have any extra clothes i can borrow?" George asked.

"Uhh yeah i have some in my drawers let me look," Clay said. He walked over to his dresser and started to look through the drawers until he turned back and tossed the clothes to George.

"Thanks," George murmured. Clay walked over to him and put a hand on George's shoulder and he flinched.

"I'm so sorry they did this to you Georgie," Clay said softly. George's heart melted at the nickname and he was trying not to think about it so he didn't blush.

"Thank you Clay, it's okay," George said looking Clay in the eyes.

"But it's not George they hurt you!" Clay hissed. George got scared of how angry Clay got and he wasn't sure why.

"I'm sorry, that came out harsher than it should've," Clay said looking away. George felt bad but he left to go take his shower.
---
When George got out of the shower he put the clothes on his damp skin and left the bathroom. He knocked on Clay's door, a few moments later he opened it and smiled.

"You don't have to knock George," Clay giggled.

"Well i don't want to be rude!" George smiled back. Clay let him into his room and George flopped on the bed as he got on his phone. Clay started to giggle and George looked up at him with a confused look.

"What?" George asked.

"My hoodie is way to big for you," Clay giggled. George blushed and sat up quickly.

"Well everyone's not a 6'3 giant like you Clay!" George teased.

"Well then grow taller shortie," Clay shot back.

"I AM AVERAGE!" George yelled. Clay exploded into laughter as George lightly punched his shoulder. Clay pretended to be hurt though it wasn't working because he was laughing so hard. George couldn't help but laugh with him. There was a knock at the door and a blonde headed girl opened it and George took a moment to recognize her, it was Chloe, Clay's girlfriend.

"Clay! Hi! Who's that?" Chloe pointed at George with a look of disgust.

"Is he who you're cheating on me with? Tch kind of expected better," Chloe hissed. George felt hurt at her words and Clay looked at her coldly.

"If you're going to talk to George like that then you can leave," Clay said looking away from her.

"Ugh, just make him leave, not like he would care," Chloe whined.

"I-it's fine, i'll just go home, i don't want to get between you and your girlfriend Clay," George murmured.

"George no, i'm not letting you back in that house, you're staying here, Chloe if you have a problem with that you can leave." Chloe muttered something under her breath before slamming the door behind her. Clay sighed turning to George, George felt bad he didn't mean to intervene with Clay's relationship with his girlfriend.

"Hey it's okay," Clay said, noticing that George was hurt about it. "We've been fighting more recently and i'm thinking about breaking up with her, i'm not sure yet though,"

"Do you still love her?" George asked.

"I mean yeah but, i don't love her as much as i used to," Clay mumbled.

"Are you okay though?" Clay asked. His voice softened and George felt safe, he felt that nothing could hurt them while they were together.

"Yeah just tired," George said.

"Let's go to bed then," Clay said. George just nodded and got into the covers.

"Good night George," Clay murmured, getting in bed with him.

"Goodnight Clay," George mumbled back. The last thing George felt before drifting to sleep was Clay's arm wrapping around him, pulling George closer to Clay's chest.

1k words holy-

Welp that's all for now lovelies, see you next chapter! ❤