chapter 34

We ate our toast in silence. I couldn't help the small smile on my lips as I watched him eat like every bite was a gift.

I had no idea that I was supposed to accept the bond. My mother had only brushed over the topic, and when I realized Nyx and I were mates, I hadn't thought twice about whether I wanted the bond or not. I didn't even know that I had a choice. It didn't matter though, because I love Nyx with every fiber of my being.

It was so utterly foolish of me to leave him, but I thought I was doing the right thing—maybe I was, I'll never know.

A weird desire overtook me as I watched him lick the crumbs off his fingertips. Sucking gently on his thumb as he looked over at me. Heat pooled low in my stomach when I saw how his eyes darkened with a different kind of hunger. I could smell his arousal... and he most definitely could smell mine.

I took my last bite and watched as Nyx slowly rose from his seat, taking our plates and setting  them in the sink. He braced his hands on the edge of the counter, gripping it so forcefully that I thought he'd crack the marble. "Belladonna." He all but growled, causing a swarm of butterflies to course through me.

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

"Do you know what happens after the bond is accepted?" He still faced away from me, his muscles flexing under his black shirt.

I slid out of my chair as sauntered over to him. Wrapping my arms around his torso and breathing in his woodsy scent. I hummed, then spoke. "I think I have an idea." My voice came out full of desire, causing a low growl to come from Nyx.

He spun around slowly and captured my lips in an urgent kiss. Nothing about it was gentle and caring. It was hard and desperate, causing my head to spin with lust.

I opened my mouth for him as he slid his tongue in, deepening the kiss. His hands gripped my ass as I softly moaned into his mouth. He let out another low growl before he winnowed us to the same place that we had sex in before.

We didn't separate from the kiss as Nyx lifted me to straddle his waist and walked us over to the kitchen, setting me on the counter.

I kept my legs tight around him as one of his hands balled my hair into his fist while the other gripped my waist with a bruising force.

We made quick work of our clothes, leaving us bare to each other. He tore away from the kiss to admire me naked before him as he trailed a finger from my neck, over my pebbled nipples, then to the place where I needed him most. Instead of giving me what I wanted, he smirked and kissed me again with the same passion.

"Nyx." I moaned into his mouth with a voice foreign to my own ears.

He groaned before parting from my lips and kissing down my jaw and neck, nipping lightly on the sensitive flesh. "Yes baby?"

"I need you." I gasped as he bit down on my shoulder, then licked the area.

He groaned softly then shot me a wicked smile before sliding me to the edge of the counter and lowering to his knees. "Let me have a taste first." His voice was laced with sin, causing my need for him to grow.

I bit my bottom lip and nodded, then let out a gasp as his tongue started teasing movements at my core. "Nyx." I groaned as he skimmed over the bundle of nerves.

He laughed against me, causing a jolt of pleasure to rush through me. My hand threaded through his soft hair as he moved his tongue against me with purpose. I moaned softly as the pressure built inside me.

His growl of approval and the way his tongue moved sent me over the edge. My orgasm rattled through me and left me wanting more from him.

I didn't have to ask for more. He was already standing, his large cock hardened and ready for me. He lifted me up again to straddle him, then whispered into my ear. "Your choice Bella. Wall, bed, or counter?"

I groaned and arched into him. "Everywhere."

He let out a dark chuckle, then set me down and spun me around, bending me over the counter. The cool marble was a shock to my warm skin, but I was quickly distracted by his hands gripping my waist. "I love you, Bella."

My chest tightened, and that thread that connected us glowed brighter than ever. "I love you too." I turned my head to look back at him. He wore an evil smirk that sent heat straight to my core, then he kissed my back before plunging deep inside of me. I let out a scream from the shock of how well he filled me, but it turned into moans as he pumped in and out of me. Nyx went slow at first, teasing me. When I looked back at him again he let out a groan and fucked me hard against the counter.

Our moans of pleasure filled the house as his pace increased. I could feel the tension in my stomach bundling tighter and tighter with each deep stroke, and when he thrusted one last time, I came undone and screamed his name. His release came just after mine as he roared, causing the house to shake.

He pulled out of me and picked me up off of the counter. My legs felt weak as he kissed me slowly, pouring all of his love into it. I cupped his jaw in my hands as his arms wrapped around my waist, and before I knew it, he swept me up and took me into the bedroom, where we had an interesting few hours.

I sat at a seat at the kitchen island watching Nyx make himself some coffee. I sipped the one he gave me carefully, trying to hide the weakness in my limbs after this morning's activities.

Nyx turned and smirked at me as if he knew what I was thinking about, then drank his coffee standing beside me.

"Where are we?" I asked as I glanced around the house.

"It's my family's townhouse. Nobody really stays here anymore." He stared off into the living room.

I gave him a curious look. "Why not?"

He looked back at me and smiled softly, running a hand through my hair and kissing the top of my head. "Everyone got their own places I guess. Aunt Mor and Emerie stayed here for a while until Emerie said she couldn't trust her friend Balthazar with her shop anymore. I guess he kept messing up the orders." Nyx shrugged.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his waist. Looking around the townhouse, I saw family pictures and mementos from their years together. They've always had each other through everything, and I was barely surviving and alone for the majority of my life.

But things are different now, and I think my mother would be happy for me.

I smiled as Nyx pulled me tighter against him. "Penny for your thoughts?"

I sighed before looking up at him. "I'm glad that I stole Amren's necklace."

He let out a chuckle before kissing me gently on the lips. "Me too."