Chapter 23

Ch23 - Love At First Sight

____________________________________________________

TWO WEEKS LATER

Fourteen days. Fourteen days without seeing that cheeky grin face to face. I missed Harry so much; it became hard for me to cope with daily activities. School started again. It was my senior year in high school, and the only person who actually understood me was Sara. She missed Niall just like I missed Harry, if not more. The only things preventing me from falling apart were my daily Skype calls with Harry. Only one more month until I'd see him again.

It was a Monday morning, and like all Monday mornings, I was extremely tired. Sluggishly, I strolled through the school hallways to my locker and brainlessly entered my locker combination. After opening my locker, my eyes lit up, as usual, when I saw the picture taped inside my locker of Harry and me. Gently, I kissed my thumb and placed it on the picture. "I miss you," I whispered, desperately longing for my curly dork to be beside me.

After grabbing my notebook for physics, I closed my locker and flung my bag over my shoulder, before continuing through the hallway with my head facing the floor. Oblivious to my surroundings, I walked quickly to class, not wanting to face any of the obsessed girls at my school who ask me about Harry.

Suddenly, I felt my shoulder bump up against something. Looking up, I realized that something was a person. "Oh, sorry," I mumbled before continuing to class.

"Don't worry about it," a voice replied. I finally looked up to see that the voice belonged to Jordan, the number one target of fawning girls all over campus. I didn't blame them; I'd be lying if I said I didn't find Jordan attractive, but Harry is the only guy for me.

Politely, I smiled back at Jordan, and continued walking. To my surprise, Jordan walked up beside me. Seeing my confused expression, he clarified, "We have physics together next, don't we? You look like you could use someone to walk with." He flashed a brilliant smile that sent my heart skyrocketing.

What am I saying? I thought to myself, What am I doing? This didn't feel right, but then again, I was probably just overthinking things like usual. Jordan is a really nice guy, and he's probably just being friendly. After brushing off my nervous thoughts, I smiled back and replied, "Thanks. Aren't you in my literature class as well?"

He nodded, before flipping his straight brown hair across his forehead. Before I could continue the conversation, my phone started buzzing. "Sorry, one sec." I gave Jordan an apologetic look, as I stepped to the side of the hallway to answer my phone. Jordan stood next to me waiting, when I noticed the call was from Harry. Immediately, I felt my heart fill with warmth.

"Hey, babe," I greeted with an uncontrollable smile. Glancing to my side, I noticed Jordan raise an eyebrow at the word "babe."

"Hi, love. I was just checking in and making sure you're doing all right. I know you hate Monday mornings." It felt like heaven in my ears just to hear his voice.

I giggled, "You're too sweet. I'm doing alright, but I've got physics in just a couple minutes, so now isn't the best time."

"Okay! Well just send me a message when you can talk. I miss you so much, babe." My heart shattered at the sadness in his voice.

"I know," I said, comfortingly, "I miss you too. Alright, I gotta go. Love you."

"Love you too! Bye." As the call ended, I felt myself missing his voice again already.

"Boyfriend, huh?" I was distracted from my thoughts when I realized Jordan was still standing there.

"Yep!" I responded, happily, confident in my relationship and glad that Jordan knew to back off.