Chapter 16

authors note -

okay, i have a lot to say. it'd be nice if you read this but if you don't whatever, doesn't really matter. this is just an apology in advance. please understand my life is VERY busy even though it's summer. preparing for school, back to school shopping, and ordering textbooks, along with lots of other school related preparations keeps me very busy. Also, once school starts, understand i'm taking 4 honors classes, and an extra class. basically i'll be really busy. i'm also aiming to be on the varsity tennis team (wish me luck!) while maintaining my tumblr, fan fic, 3 twitters, and youtube. and a couple more things: i was caller 99 on a radio station last week and i won VIP backstage passes to meet CHER LLOYD! on august 9!! awesome right?! i'm so excited! basically that's going to keep me really busy too, because i'm making a fan book for her, and preparing my outfit, etc. lastly, next week, i'm not sure if i will have an upload at all, because i have band camp, from 9am-9pm EVERY DAY. monday-friday. basically it sucks, but it's mandatory. (if you're wondering what instrument i play, i play snare drum in the high school drum line).

so basically, to sum up, i'm a busy person. so this is my apology if sometimes my uploads seem slow. or if they don't seem well written, that's probably because it's always 3am when i upload, becaues that's the only time when i have time to upload so yeah.

again i REALLY appreciate all you readers out there, it means SO much. i would love to read some of your stories! if you want me to read a story, just dedicate a chapter to me, because i read every story that has a chapter dedicated to me and i really appreciate it! (: xox.

VOTE
COMMENT
FAN :)

Chapter 16:

I sat in silence, as Sara continued on about her issues with Niall. I felt awful for not paying attention, because she was going through so much pain, but my mind was clouded with so many thoughts and so many questions, it was hard to focus on anything.

"Hello? Alice?" I heard Sara groan, "Are you even listening to me?"

I snapped out of my trance, "Of course!"

"Well? Do you think I should forgive him?" She lowered her chin, expecting an honest answer.

"Sara, what Niall did was wrong, but he did say he was over New York girl before he met you. I've seen the way he looks at you, Sara; he obviously cares about you far too much to want to do this to you." I looked at her with an earnest expression.

I could see a hot tear forming at the corner of Sara's left eye, as she looked off in the distance, "But… but even though he was over her, he never broke it off with her though…" she paused, as the tear trickled down her already wet cheeks, "He must still love her, then, Alice!" she cried.

I reached over and wrapped my friend in a tight, comforting hug, rubbing her back. I whispered, reassuringly, "I'm sure Niall doesn't love her anymore, Sara. I doubt he ever did. If he ever had true feelings for her, he wouldn't have been able to fall for you so quickly. What you two have…whatever it is, is special, and don't let it go just because of something trivial like this."

I released her from my firm embrace. "You're right. He barely even did anything wrong," she sniffed, "How could I be so stupid? He's never going to talk to me again after the things I said to him! I messed up, bad, Alice…" she looked at me with fear in her eyes, scared for what will come of her relationship with Niall.

"Don't say that, Sara. I'm sure Niall will still talk to you; I doubt he's even mad. If anything, he probably just feels awful about himself for hurting you. A simple apology and make up kiss will make everything better," I smiled, cheerfully at my best friend, noticing hope spark in her eyes.

"I hope so…" Sara whispered, still unsure. I wiped the last tear from her eye.

"It can't hurt to try, right?"

"Right. Thanks, Alice. I love you so much," she looked up at me and flashed her signature cheery smile that everyone loves seeing.

"I know," I grinned, "Hey, you know, it's not even time for dinner yet. I'm sure if you call Niall now, he'd be willing to talk. Plus, it's not good to go to bed holding a grudge," I winked, standing up, "I'd better go."

I was adjusting my shirt when Sara reminded me, "You need a ride home again, don't you?" which caused a fit of giggles.

~*~*~

"Bye, Sara! See you soon, babe," I blew my best friend a kiss as I got out of her car, "Oh! And don't forget to call Nialler."

She laughed carelessly, "I won't. Bye, love, and thanks for everything," she said, with a genuine smile on her lips.

When I got inside, I headed straight upstairs to my room and threw my bag on the floor. Grabbing my headphones, I jumped onto my bed, face first.  After putting my headphones on my ears, I played all of my Ed Sheeran songs on shuffle, without removing my face from my pillow.

My mother used to be the person I would go to when I had problems, along with Sara. When my mom passed, Sara took first position and became my primary listener for all of my drama. At that moment, Sara had a lot on her plate and I didn't want to worry her any more than she needed to be. So I was all on my own.

At first, I was quite upset at Harry for not telling me about the girl Niall had been seeing in New York. Sara was my best friend, and I couldn't stand to see her hurt so badly over a boy. However, if the positions were reversed, I would have done the exact same as Harry did. Niall was Hazza's best friend, and I respected that he didn't let anyone come between that.

I paused my music and sat up, while unplugging my headphones. Besides, what was the point at being mad at Harry, when Sara and Niall were working things out for themselves anyway? I took a deep breath. Fighting wasn't worth it.

Standing up, I checked my phone to fine that it wasn't even 6:00PM yet. I didn't want to spend the rest of the day without Harry, so I called him up on the phone.

"Alice?"

"Harry! Hey!" I couldn't contain my excitement from hearing his voice, "I was wondering if tonight you wanted to-"

"Wait what? You aren't mad at me?" I could hear how shocked he was through the phone.

A small giggle escaped my lips, "Of course not, Harry. I mean, I think I was mad at first, but when I thought about it longer, I don't think you really did anything wrong. Plus, fighting isn't worth it."

Harry let out a huge, relieved sigh, "Oh, thank goodness. I was so worried that you would be upset with me. I never want to fight with you, Alice. Every second we waste fighting is a second lost of being together," I could hear his smile through the phone, "Anyways, enough with sappy stuff. So what did you have in mind for tonight?" he finished, with a chuckle.

I bit my lip, thankful that Harry and I didn't argue. "Well, actually, I'm not too sure. I just know that I don't want to spend the night alone, and my dad won't be home 'til late tonight. You could come over for dinner if you want? I'm no cook, but, you know… we have stuff to eat." I paced back and forth in my room with my hands in my pockets, with high hopes of seeing Harry again today.

Harry caught his breath after laughing, before replying, "Sounds good, love. I'll be over in a few."

I hung up the phone, and began to tidy up my house a bit, a wide smile never leaving my face. Just as I was satisfied with the appearance of the house, the doorbell rang. Harry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! (: I'll try to update soon, but I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! (: All votes and comments and fans are ALL really appreciated, every single one, so thank you all SO much for your support, it's what keeps me going, not just in writing, but in everything :')
xoxo, ash <3 

PS: watch the video in the side bar.  the one singing? yeah, she's my role model :')