Chapter 8: Breakfast and Crystals

Just a quick shout out to my best friend obsessedanime202 because  I really appreciate you helping me pick out and suggesting songs for these chapters! Thanks a lot bestie ❤️.

Song: Breath by Got7
Art: @emorboobs

-

"You WHAT!?"

"Ehe... yeah. We did..." Hu Tao chuckled. "So you can see him in person!" Xiangling said excitedly.

"B-but why? I was fine before. Why did you guys have to do this? I love you but I don't want this..." Chongyun whined, covering his face.

"Oh come on! You're going to love it. I know you've seen his new song and I know you loved it. He's going to be singing it there, and a few others too." Hu Tao said, nudging him.

He whined again, nudging her back.

"Let's talk about this more in the morning please. I need to sleep."

"Okay okay... Get your beauty sleep then I guess." Xiangling said and Hu Tao laughed.

"Oh shush!" Chongyun said before rolling over and made himself comfortable.

He was full of nerves and couldn't really sleep. So, he grabbed his phone and plugged in his earbuds, putting them in his ears.

He pressed play on a playlist he had it automatically set on.

Xingqiu's voice poured into his head, Chongyun loving every second of it.

He calmed down, listening to the beat of the music and the idol's smooth vocals.

The boy soon found himself drifting off to sleep, dreaming of Xingqiu again.

-

When Chongyun woke up, he found himself pushed into the side of the fort by Hu Tao, who was sleeping beside him.

The girls were sprawled against each other, legs and arms everywhere.

He felt drowsy and sleepy but that was probably due to just waking up.

He wiped away the crust and blurriness in his eyes and decided to crawl out of their almost broken fort to go to the bathroom.

He did his business, brushed his hair and teeth. He wasn't sure if he could take a shower, so he'd just have to ask Hu Tao when she woke up.

Walking back to the living room (Hu Tao's house was a bungalow) and looked at the girls.

Hu Tao's dad had to go to work early in the morning, so he had left a little while ago.

Chongyun started taking down the fort, placing pillows and blankets back where they should be. He picked up Xiangling and put her on one of the couches, doing the same with Hu Tao.

After finishing cleaning up the fort he looked around the room. Nothing seemed to come to his mind except make breakfast for him and the girls.

He went to the kitchen, grabbing ingredients for pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

Xiangling woke up to the smell of food and walked over into the kitchen, spotting her friend.

"Morning..." she yawned and rubbed her eyes. Chongyun smiled at her then quickly looked back to the pancakes on the pan in front of him.

"Anyone ready to die!?" Hu Tao's slurred words could be heard from the kitchen. She was still asleep though. Chongyun and Xiangling laughed quietly, making sure to not wake up the sleeping girl.