Chapter 27: Concussion

Tw: !self harm!

Song: Save Me by BTS
Art: @sobsinsardinias

-

Yanfei stepped out of the car that was parked on the corner of Chongyun's street.

She had to make sure no one noticed that she pulled up in an expensive car or else her cover would be blown.

Ganyu had texted her some more information on the boy. She had said to "act like you're dating him" because his parents really liked the idea of Chongyun having a girlfriend.

She thought of a plan that would more than likely go amazing. If his parents were stubborn enough not see through her facade, it would go all the more awesome.

She took out her phone to look at the address she was supposed to go to. Walking a few houses down from where the care was parked, she stopped in front of a small, quaint home. It was a light sage green with white trim and a nice looking door.

She walked up the stairs and knocked on the door twice, holding the hoodie with the note in its pocket.

Hearing bustling come from the other side of the door, Yanfei heard a feminine voice shout and then it was calm.

The door opened not a second later.

A woman taller than Yanfei stood in the doorway. The girl took a breath.

"Uh, hi. I'm looking for Chongyun?" She said, hoping her plan would go perfectly.

"Okay... Who are you?" The woman said. She was probably his mother by the looks of it.

"Oh, I'm his girlfriend. I've just come to give back his hoodie." She giggled, playing into her role has his "girlfriend".

The mother gasped and then put on a bright smile.

"Then come in, come in! He didn't tell me he had a new girlfriend! That boy... Always locked in his room... Never tells me anything." The mother laughed. Yanfei laughing along with her.

"He just broke up with another girl, I'm surprised he found you so quickly!" She ushered Yanfei into the house.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Oh, no thank you. I'm in a rush right now. I was just dropping by to give him this and then go, haha..." Yanfei lied. This mother was starting to get annoying.

"Ahh, okay okay. He's in his room right now! Go up and see him." She said, putting a hand in Yanfei's back and pushed her towards the stairs.

"Um, okay!"

Yanfei slowly walked up the staircase, taking her time. She didn't want to scare the boy by just waltzing into his room unannounced. They barely even knew each other having only met once.

If Yanfei was completely honest, she was slightly nervous. She didn't know how Chongyun was going to react to her sudden appearance. She wasn't going to overthink everything and spiral into a nervous breakdown. Especially here.

Sucking in another breath, she opened every door in the hallway except one.

She thought it was cliché that his room was the last one, making her smile and giggle slightly.

She knocked on door carefully. There was shuffling and then the door opened revealing a very tired looking blue haired boy.

His eyes were cast downwards, dark purple circles painted under them. He was pale, cheeks blotchy red, and dry tear tracks traced his face, along with red cuts and scrapes lining his arms.