Chapter 12: Gay Panic

1.80k READS WHATTTTTTT!! TYSM!!

Song: Good To Me by Seventeen
Art: Couldn't find the artist, but their signature is on the picture!

-

Chongyun was panicking.

He didn't know what to wear, what to say, how to act.

For goodness sake, Xingqiu shouldn't even be talking to him! He was an idol and Chongyun was a nobody.

And he still had to ask his parents.

...

What the hell was he going to say! He couldn't just go up to them and say "hey, I'm going to go on a date-type-thing with that gay idol you hate."

Hell no. Chongyun couldn't let his parents know about this at all. He could lie about it, say he was going to his friends house. But Chongyun had never lied to his parents before, and plus, he was grounded for another month because of his 'great escape' as his mother called it.

He ran through his hair nervously. He was stressing over nothing. Well, not nothing per se. He was going to go out to lunch with Xingqiu.

Xingqiu.

Chongyun could cry. Why was he getting all the attention from him? He was a nobody. Xingqiu could have chosen from anyone else.

It's not that he didn't want the attention from the boy, but Xingqiu was an IDOL! Not someone who meddles with commoners!

Chongyun was freaking out. His stomach in knots and mind all over the place.

Ping

Chongyun rushed to his phone, which was laying on his bed.

Xingqiu
Meet me at The Golden House at 10:30 okay?

If Chongyun wasn't completely and utterly panicking, he would have said something on the lines of 'I'll meet you there', but no.

Xingqiu didn't know his family situation. He didn't know that Chongyun was grounded for another 4 months. They didn't even know each other. The blue haired boy kept asking himself over and over again why Xingqiu was asking him to meet. What was he going to say?

He groaned and fell on his bed face first.

There was a knock at the door.

"Honey? Are you okay in there?" His mother asked. Chongyun froze.

"Uh, y-yeah..." he replied, soon hearing footsteps fade.

He hoped she didn't know what was going on. It was impossible. But had he given it away?

Chongyun quickly ran downstairs and opened the freezer. He grabbed a popsicle and bolted back upstairs.

These helped him calm down when he was stressed.

He tore open the packaging and stuffed the blue popsicle into his mouth.

Plopping down onto his bed, Chongyun felt himself calming.

His head was still a huge mess, but he wasn't as stressed anymore.

Chongyun
Okay, I'll ask.

He texted Xingqiu back, hoping he didn't think he was weird for not responding quick enough.

This thing (meet up? Date?) was at 10:30. He had time.

Maybe he could ask Hu Tao and Xiangling for help on the outfit.

Actually... Never mind.

They would just embarrass him even more.