Chapter 22: Movie Theater

Hey besties! This chapter is a little better than the last, but still kinda sad.

Song: I'm Fine by BTS (Suga's part is *chefs kiss*)
Art: @mobuchanz

-

Chongyun drove to the Golden House Plaza, getting déja vù from when he met Xingqiu for the first time.

His stomach twisted with nerves as he got closer and closer to his destination.

We're people going to look at him? We're they going to judge him? What if Amber thought he was weird? What if everyone thought he was weird?

He was stressing too much over this.

He arrived and parked his car, breathing slightly unstable.

Walking quickly to the center of the plaza as Amber had told him, Chongyun looked around, nerves eating at his stomach.

"Hey!" He heard Amber say from beside him.

"Have you been waiting long?" She asked. She was wearing a red shirt tucked into white shorts with a pink purse on her shoulder and the same red scarf on he head, tied at the top like bunny ears.

"Uh... No. I-I just got here..." Chongyun replied, fiddling with the hem of Xingqiu's pullover.

It was kind of chilly out and the blue haired boy didn't know how Amber was wearing shorts.

"Let's go! The movie's soon!" Amber grabbed his hand and started walking towards the theater.

He wanted to pull his hand away from hers. It wasn't as comforting as Xingqiu's.

They got to the theater pretty fast due to Amber's speed walking.

She let go of his hand and took out two tickets from her purse.

"You wanna grab popcorn?" She suddenly asked. Chongyun just nodded, not entirely comfortable speaking with all these people around.

They ordered popcorn and drinks before walking to their movie room.

Surprisingly, there were less people than expected. "Awesome! We can choose our own seats!" Amber ran up the stairs and looked back at Chongyun.

"Come here! I choose this row!" She pointed to the row of seats in front of her. The boy nodded and slowly followed her up there.

A few more people filed in and Chongyun's leg started to bounce.

He wanted to be anywhere but here. The movie theater always freaked him out for some reason.

Maybe it was the enclosed space or the fact that so many people could fit in here with them.

It was dark and people whispered. Chongyun always thought they were talking about him. Maybe he was too tall and they couldn't see?

He couldn't relax.

Suddenly, a hand was placed on his jittering thigh and Chongyun could have sworn his heart stopped beating for a second.

"Hey. Chill out. We can go if you want?" Amber said quietly.

But this only freaked him out more. Why was she giving him a choice?

What about her feelings? Did she want to see the movie? What if she was really looking forward to watching it?

"I-I'm f-fine..." He said, almost choking on his words.

He did want to go. He hated movies. Why couldn't they just go home and forget about this? It wasn't like Chongyun even liked her.

His heart then sank. Right. He needed Amber as a decoy to distract his mother from trying to get him a girlfriend.