Chapter 33: Relapsing

Totally not-
*checks time*
-13 hours late for this chapter.

Song: Anti-Romantic by TXT
Art: @metyusha

-

Chongyun had finished telling his life story and now they were just cuddling on Xingqiu's bed.

The other boy was silent. For a long time. And Chongyun was getting nervous.

Was he going to send him back? What if Xingqiu hated him now?

Nasty thoughts swarmed in his head like bees, lowering his self confidence bit by bit.

Maybe he shouldn't have told Xingqiu. Maybe he would-

"Stop thinking bad things, Yunyun. I can practically see the cogs turning in your mind."

"O-oh... I'm sorry..." He said and stuffed his face into Xingqiu's again.

"I'm not mad. Why would I? It's not your fault. I think we should contact the police and get a restraining order on your mother." Xingqiu squeezed Chongyun's waist in a reassuring manner.

"W-wait! No, please don't do that! She was doing it because she cares for me-"

"Chongyun."

Oh no. He was using his real name. No pet name, no Princess, nothing. The boy froze.

"Don't you dare say that." Xingqiu said in a stern voice. And although he was only trying to help Chongyun, he couldn't help but feel incredibly bad after seeing the boy's sad face.

"Oh, baby... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I'm not mad at you, I promise. What your mother did to you was a horrible thing. She should have never touched you like that. Hitting, swearing, gaslighting, and acting violent is a crime, especially to a person under 18." Xingqiu explained.

"But she was... Just doing... It..." Chongyun trailed off after receiving another glare from his boyfriend. "Y-you're not gonna put her i-in jail, a-are you...?"

Xingqiu sighed. "Well, I'd have to go over it with Yanfei first. Knowing her, she'll arrange a court meeting for both parties to explain their story, and then the judge would have to decide if she goes to jail or not."

"No no, I don't want you to! I don't care if she was violent or did all those things, I-I don't want her to go to jail! And what even is this "gaslighting"? Whatever it is, she didn't do it to me!" Chongyun said almost angrily.

It wasn't fair. His mother was just doing it out of the good of her heart. Sure, she did some questionable things, but all mothers make mistakes.

"Yunyun, gaslighting is when someone, your mother in this scenario, manipulates another, you, psychologically to make them question their own sanity. It comes in many different ways. I've been gaslighted before. That's just the definition of it."

"You have? Who did it to you?"

"I'm not going to go into detail. That's a story for a different time. Right now, we focus on you. May I tell Yanfei about this?"

It made Chongyun's heart flutter when he asked for consent. He respected his personal space and boundaries. It almost made the boy cry.

"U-uh... Y-yeah, I-I guess..."

"Thank you, Princess."

-

Yanfei came over the next day. Chongyun could now see their friendship dynamic.

They were kind of like siblings and a married couple at the same time. They argued and yelled threats at each other, but they were empty with no intention of doing anything to the other.