Chapter 20: Meeting Amber

Hey besties! Make sure to check up on yourself! Drink water and eat! Sleep regularly and don't push yourself! My dm's are open if you wanna chat ❤️

Song: Left and Right by SEVENTEEN
Art: @tbyeolh

-

Chongyun had just finished watching the show Xingqiu was on and was feeling less than empty. Turns out, he was already seeing someone different. It felt like someone had stabbed Chongyun multiple times in the heart.

He lay on his bed, trying to hold back tears.

"Chongyun, honey! Come down for dinner. We're having a guest over tonight!" His mother's cheery voice rang.

It was probably another girl his mother wanted him to date. He wasn't in the mood for this.

Chongyun had gotten several messages and missed calls from Xingqiu in the past month. Why was he even still trying. He was probably just going to rub it in his face that he already found someone else. He'd comment about how ugly Chongyun looked. He'd say how it was disgusting how attached he got in the short about of time they had known each other. Maybe that's why Xingqiu never put a label on their relationship. He was just using him...

Slowly, Chongyun got up from his bed and pulled on Xingqiu's shirt, even though it pained him to look at it.

His mother had gotten a hold of it when he was showering and washed it. It now smelled like their laundry detergent and Chongyun hated it. He wanted it to smell like Xingqiu again.

But nonetheless, he still wore it. It was slightly oversized on him though. Chongyun didn't care.

He made his way downstairs. At this point, Chongyun was giving up. He did as his mother told him to and didn't complain. If he tried to defy her, she'd hurt him. Every time she did that, she would pull his hair and degrade him to the point of tears.

Of course, she didn't need to see them. After she was done with him, she'd tell him to go to his room. There he would cry and get it all out. He'd sleep most of the day after that.

The doorbell rang, snapping Chongyun out of his thoughts.

"Ah, just in time!" His mother giggled and ran to the door.

There stood a short girl with chocolate brown hair and piercing eyes. She wore a red scarf atop her head to hold the hair out of her face, tied on the top like bunny ears.

She had a nice red and gold dress on and white flats for her shoes.

"Hi! I'm Amber!" She said with a wave.

"Oh yes, yes! Please come in!" Chongyun's mother stepped to the side to let Amber walk though.

"You have a very nice house!" Amber said cheerily. Archons, she was already kind of annoying.

"Why thank you! Ah," his mother spotted him still on the stairs, "this is my son, Chongyun. Chongyun, this is Amber. You can go sit down, dinner's almost ready." She told Amber.

She glared at Chongyun when the brunette was out of sight.

"What the hell are you wearing!?" She whisper shouted, obviously mad at his choice of clothing.

"Um... Clothes?" He didn't mean to be snooty, but he couldn't help it. If his mother was going to critique him on what he was wearing, then he would be just as rude.

"Go and change. Now."

"No. I'm fine in what I'm wearing right now. I'm not getting dressed up for some girl I don't even know." He said and tried stepping forward but was blocked by his mom.