Chapter 32 - A Day Off and Ninja's Return

Ash's POV

"Drednaw is unable to battle! This round and match geos to Ash of Pallet Town and Pikachu! The Alolan Champion is advancing to the Semi-finals!" The referee announced and I waited until Pikachu reverted back from his Gigantamax form, before picking him up from the ground and I throw him up to the air few times, while the stands were cheering.

Pikachu earned this, except for Quagsire, he knocked out all Nessa's Pokemon in this Quarter-final match.

I pretty much fulfilled Serena's wish, to "not scare her that much in the next battles", in the Second round I easily won against Trip, now in the Quarter-final, Pikachu destructed Nessa's team, and we advanced to the Semi-finals.

When me and Serena returned to our house, I immediately fell on the bed and fell asleep. Serena knew I was tired and let me sleep to the late afternoon.

When I woke up, I found Serena outside on the garden, taking care of her Pokemon and my Lucario.

"Oh, good evening Ash, have you slept well?" She asked when she spotted me.

"Well, yes, but thank Arceus for the day off tomorrow, I guess I overdid it a bit." I responded.

"Yeah, you were training a lot, and when you weren't training, you were battling, for a whole week..." Serena pointed out.

"Yeah... That's classic me..." I said, scratching the back of my neck. "Anyway, what were you doing when I was sleeping?" I asked.

"Me and Lucario went to the stadium for the remaining battles, to see who you'll be up against." She responded.

I only raised my eyebrows and signaled her to continue.

"Cynthia defeated Lance and she'll battle Tobias in the Semi-final." She begun.

"Wait, so, Steven Stone lost?" I asked and Serena nodded. "So, Adler, Diantha, Lance and Steven are out?" I asked and Serena nodded once again.

"Ok, now my opponent, Bea or Harrison?" I wondered and got the answer right away.

"Harrison..." Serena simply said and returned Milotic to the Pokeball.

We, alongside Braixen, Lucario, Sylveon, and Pancham, went back inside, because it was getting darker and colder outside.

Once I've sat on the sofa, I started thinking about the Pokemon I should pick for the battle against Harrison. I took my phone and clicked on his name to see the Pokemon he registered for this tournament. I remembered a few of his Pokemon he used back in the Silver Conference, like his Blaziken, Houndoom, Sneasel, or Steelix.

"Ok, he'll surely use his Blaziken and Houndoom... I need a good Water type..." I said and begun thinking. "He also has quite a lot of Pokemon with weakness to Fighting types..." I said and looked at Lucario. "Which means you're up!" I said and Lucario gave me a thumbs up.

Right in the morning of my day off, I began assembling my team for tomorrow's Semi-finals.

"Got it? Great! Good luck, Ash! We'll be cheering for you! Bye!"

"Thanks for Lycanroc, Professor Kukui. I won't let you down! See you after the tournament, bye!" I grabbed the Pokeball Prof. Kukui sent me, said goodbye, and hang up.

"Nice, that's five Pokemon, now I need one more..." I said to Serena, showing her the Pokeball I received.

"Hang on a moment, I have a gift for you... But promise me you won't get mad..." Serena said and went to grab something.

"What? Why should I be mad over a gift?" I said, totally confused.

When she returned, she stood up on the sofa and I saw a Pokeball in her hand, which she put way above her head and looked at me.