Chapter 15 - Ash's Home

Serena's POV

The sun was setting when we were going through the Pallet Town and it was almost dark when we arrived at the place Ash's calling home.

We were greeted by Delia who was preparing some food which smell great. I volunteered to help her, but she said that rather than helping her, I should look around. So Ash gave me a tour around his home with his room being last we went in.

"And finally, this is my room." He said opening the door. I had an awkward feeling before going in, similar to the feeling I had before going in the house. We know each other so long and we're dating for almost a month, but that was the first time I went not only to his room, but his home too.

"I hope this bed will be big enough for us. Luckily, it's only for this night." Ash said hanging his cap at the rack on the wall.

I went in looking at his bed and blushing for two reasons. First was image of me sleeping in his bed with him and the second reason was a memory of the last night and how I ended under his blanket drooling at his chest.

"I hope so too." I said hanging my hat next to Ash's cap and looked around the cozy bedroom of my boyfriend. I was surprised to see lots of trophies, medals, badges, and other achievements on top of both cabinets that Ash has in his room. Sure I knew Ash's already one of the best Pokemon trainers in the world, but it still surprised me.

I had Ash's Kanto Battle Frontier Symbols in my hands when his mom called us to dinner. I placed them back and followed Ash downstairs.

During the dinner we explained our plans for traveling to Unova and traveling around Kalos to Delia and she was happy to give us a lift to the airport tomorrow morning.

After the dinner we stayed downstairs and chatted for a while until Pikachu yawned.

"Looks like Pikachu's tired." Ash pointed out.

"Yeah, he surely got the right idea. We should get some rest too." I said yawning too.

"I'll put him to my room and will go to shower." Ash said and went upstairs which left me alone with Delia.

We were sitting in quiet in for a while until Delia spoke up.

"You know Serena, I think Ash's lucky to have you. When I saw you through the call when Ash called from Kalos, I knew there's something special about you. Something made you different from all the girls Ash traveled with in the past." Delia was saying and I was trying hard not to cry. "And today, when Ash introduced you as his girlfriend, I didn't recognize that you're the same girl he traveled with in the Kalos region and to tell the truth I had mixed feelings, but when Samuel said that you're the girl from Kalos, I knew Ash's in good hands. And I can clearly see that Ash really loves you."

It was silence for a while when Delia ended, but it was mainly because I tried so hard not to cry.

"Thank you for the kind words Mrs. Ketchum." I half-whispered still fighting the tears rushing to my eyes. "But I think that I'm the one who's lucky. I think that I'm really lucky to have Ash by my side. He's one of the most caring, bravest and kindest people in the world. To tell the truth I had a crush on him since I left the camp eleven years ago, and the crush grew bigger and bigger every day I spent with him and it became a love a long ago. I never really had a chance or courage to tell him and he overtook me. I always thought that I'll be the one confessing my feelings for him, but he confessed first." I said sometimes doing pauses still trying not to cry.

The silence took place in the Ketchum's living room once again.

"I shall go prepare myself for the bed too." I said after a while of twiddling with my hair and I stood up ready to go upstairs, but Delia caught me by my shoulder turning me around.